Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2015, 06:09 PM - 1 Like   #931
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Joe_M Quote
Here are a few of my 4 year old Granddaughter from Easter Morning.

Pretty girl! Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

05-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #932
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have lots and lots of newbie young squirrels around here...and they all look like Otis! He must have been a busy boy lately!

A couple of Jay shots that are not shot on the fence....

With the natural background colors...

Regards!
05-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #933
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I couldn't leave out my Grandson. Here are a couple of pictures of him at a horse show we went to in January. (I set the date wrong on the camera. The shots were taken in 2015 not 2014.)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
05-16-2015, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #934
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice Otis Jr and Jays !

Nice b&w Joe_M !

05-16-2015, 12:56 PM   #935
Veteran Member

Thanks FS! Comments are always appreciated by all!

I was thinking that maybe someone might have use for a fat squirrel this afternoon? If so, I can box and ship her FedX...she does have a few babies she will bring along, if you don't mind? She is used to gourmet feed, and is a picky eater, so stock on roasted peanuts and sunflower seeds!

She claims she isn't so much "fat" as she is just "big boned"!

Regards!
05-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #936
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
She claims she isn't so much "fat" as she is just "big boned"!

She carries it well, though! Honestly, have you ever thought of publishing an entire coffee-table book on just squirrels? I am sure there is a market for that.
05-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #937
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GlennG Quote
Honestly, have you ever thought of publishing an entire coffee-table book on just squirrels? I am sure there is a market for that.
I don't know....but squirrels would love it! She does carry her weight well, maybe she is just "big boned" as she claims ?

If you like them, that's plenty good enough for me!

Here is a young Guard Squirrel doing his first duty in the Army of Otis. You can see from his little face he is all deadly serious about his assignment. Nothing will get by him without being viciously attacked!

Best Regards!

05-16-2015, 07:46 PM - 1 Like   #938
Forum Member

05-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #939
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Superb last one Rupert !

Excellent shots raymondjackso25 !
05-17-2015, 06:32 AM   #940
Veteran Member

Thanks again FS! I got a Woody yesterday....almost! He was partly hidden and deep in the woods, but I did get his head!

Also a Whitewing Dove.....I have hundreds of these doves that come here and feed daily. They are a tasty treat, but I would never kill or eat one.

Finally....still shooting those Jays!

Where are your photos FS? We need more of your photos here!

Regards!
05-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #941
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Superb last one Rupert !

Excellent shots raymondjackso25 !
Thanks!
05-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #942

Photos: Albums
Great Pics raymondjackso25
And Amazing Birds Rupert.

Got invited to a Judged event for Icelandic Horses over the weekend by the organiser.
Some really great shots, but still going through post processing for 95% of them.
Really gets my goat when somebody comes up to you and says that your Camera is Junk (Canon Guy).
I ignored his remark and kept shooting.

Cheers

Leon

Last edited by Ravenspurn; 05-17-2015 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added image
05-17-2015, 03:38 PM   #943
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Really gets my goat when somebody comes up to you and says that your Camera is Junk (Canon Guy).
I ignored his remark and kept shooting.
That's a fine shot....love that big horsey too!
I guess I am a lot like Otis Squirrel....not much patience for jerkasses. I once had a guy say something similar to me regarding my Pentax K20D. Took three days for his proctologist to get my boot back to me, and when he did it smelled so bad I had to trash it anyhow. Next time he mouths off to someone, he better have a real cannon!

Anyone for peanuts! This little Mama Squirrel found a box full of peanuts in my shop and just helped herself!

BTW- It is interesting to watch a squirrel eat a peanut. They have razor sharp teeth and use them to "peel" the peanut just like a banana. Look close and you can see what I mean.

Regards!
05-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #944

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
TW- It is interesting to watch a squirrel eat a peanut. They have razor sharp teeth and use them to "peel" the peanut just like a banana. Look close and you can see what I mean.

That's really interesting
Never really though of that, I usually just watch our little red squirrels stealing the nuts from the bird feeders as they get dive bombed by the Local Fieldfare and Magpie, they are too quick... always too late to get the camera.

Cheers

Leon
05-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #945
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
That's really interesting
Never really though of that, I usually just watch our little red squirrels stealing the nuts from the bird feeders as they get dive bombed by the Local Fieldfare and Magpie, they are too quick... always too late to get the camera.
Other than being a total nuisance, squirrels are very interesting to watch and most innovative when it comes to stealing food. They are pretty intelligent, getting a higher rating than we would imagine for such a tiny brain!
The 10 smartest animals - Technology & science - Science | NBC News

Otis regularly informs me that he is much smarter than I am...and everyone knows Otis is never wrong!

Regards!