Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #1111
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Nice pics, they go well together. Opposite ends of the spectrum.
Thanks 1952! I like to add a little comment....a little story...a little fun. I see a lot of postings that come form dry humorless technocrat engineer types that are only concerned with technical excellence and wouldn't know humor if it kicked them in the butt. Must be a painful and lonely life?
If I can put a smile on my own face a few times a day, and on a few others too, it has been a good day for me! Let the "serious minded" tend to the technical and serious aspect of the world, they don't seem to be making much headway to me? I'll take a little fun and entertainment any day!

Of course, there is always a time for seriousness...as in when some guy with a camera disturbs your afternoon nap!

Best Regards!

07-07-2015, 02:28 PM   #1112

Photos: Albums
Great shots all.
I apologise for my absence, The Texans and Louisianans (I think that's right) have me working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week doing 3 people's jobs...
(Oil Industry layoffs after the price crashed)
I have not even been able to pick up the replacement 150-500 yet (no time), and missed 2 local dog exhibitions too...

Rupert, what on earth have you been feeding Otis?
Great Shot Hattifnatt.
FS, That Triumph is amazing... and that Flower... wow

I took some pics at my Mother in Law's Birthday.
This was a bouquet she received.

Cheers

Leon

Last edited by Ravenspurn; 07-07-2015 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Adding image
07-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #1113
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Great Shot Hattifnatt.
Thank you. I didn't have any luck trying to shoot flowers lately, no keepers, so back to sad boring landscapes we go. Here's two more with the K5IIs.

07-07-2015, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #1114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
so back to sad boring landscapes we go.
I sure like those...the ducks in particular the lighting is perfect....all the "feel" of a late evening.

I've been rebuilding fences here and came across this today. Cicadas live in the ground for 13 years then come out, shed their shells, mate and then die. These teenagers couldn't even wait to get out of their shells to have some fun......I guess 13 years underground will do that to you!

Nasty teenagers!

Might have been a better shot but the humidity here is awesome bad and my body was soaked and my eyes blinded with buckets of sweat......anyhow, you can still see what they were doing....filthy little things!

Regards!

Ravenspurn...Thanks for the concern about Otis......I think he overdosed on testosterone?

07-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #1115
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Great shots all.
I apologise for my absence, The Texans and Louisianans (I think that's right) have me working 18 hours a day, 7 days a week doing 3 people's jobs...
(Oil Industry layoffs after the price crashed)
I have not even been able to pick up the replacement 150-500 yet (no time), and missed 2 local dog exhibitions too...

Rupert, what on earth have you been feeding Otis?
Great Shot Hattifnatt.
FS, That Triumph is amazing... and that Flower... wow

I took some pics at my Mother in Law's Birthday.
This was a bouquet she received.

Cheers

Leon

Beautiful. Love the colors.

---------- Post added 07-07-15 at 10:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks 1952! I like to add a little comment....a little story...a little fun. I see a lot of postings that come form dry humorless technocrat engineer types that are only concerned with technical excellence and wouldn't know humor if it kicked them in the butt. Must be a painful and lonely life?
If I can put a smile on my own face a few times a day, and on a few others too, it has been a good day for me! Let the "serious minded" tend to the technical and serious aspect of the world, they don't seem to be making much headway to me? I'll take a little fun and entertainment any day!

Of course, there is always a time for seriousness...as in when some guy with a camera disturbs your afternoon nap!

Best Regards!

I love your pics and your sense of humor. Keeps me coming back.

---------- Post added 07-07-15 at 10:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Thank you. I didn't have any luck trying to shoot flowers lately, no keepers, so back to sad boring landscapes we go. Here's two more with the K5IIs.

Hattifnatt,

I wish my landscapes were as sad and boring as yours!
07-08-2015, 12:54 AM   #1116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Ravenspurn !

Nice shots Ravenspurn, Hattifnatt and Ruppert !

Click on the photos for details...

07-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #1117
Veteran Member

Those are all excellent FS, but the little Woody and those blooms are superb! Otis says that if I can get your address, he will send in clandestine "Squirrel Agents" to steal your "bokeh lens" so I can use it to shoot handsome squirrels.......can you PM that address to me?

Thank you 1952! I do like a little fun, and always try to add some to my daily routine. After all........

Sorry I forgot to label those nasty teens NSFW....hope no one was offended or got in trouble at work for viewing such filth?

Best Regards!

07-08-2015, 05:57 AM   #1118
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you Ravenspurn !

Click on the photos for details...

Great set of pics, FS999, especially
Séverac le Château • Aveyron • France
07-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #1119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Rupert ! (Sorry I gave you 2 ps ) I have PMed you the address of a local dog and cat shelter, so Otis' Agents can train to run faster, else they have no chance to reach my door

Thank you th1952 ! I've taken this shot in the men's room of a gas station nearby
07-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #1120
Veteran Member

I've taken this shot in the men's room of a gas station nearby
Now Otis knows you are near a gas station.....his agents can figure out the rest, after all there probably isn't a gas station on every corner like there is here? Best keep that lens under lock and key!

Regards!
07-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #1121
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah ! I have time to see them coming The gas station is more than 600 miles away
07-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #1122
Pentaxian

Thank you Rupert ! (Sorry I gave you 2 ps ) I have PMed you the address of a local dog and cat shelter, so Otis' Agents can train to run faster, else they have no chance to reach my door

Thank you th1952 ! I've taken this shot in the men's room of a gas station nearby

Wow. I have to find a gas station bathroom like that!
07-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #1123
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Apparently love is in the air... at least for bugs...

K-5 IIs, SMC Pentax-F 35-105mm f4-5.6
07-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #1124
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Apparently love is in the air... at least for bugs...
Where is the photo? Otis is interested in most anything pertaining to the "artistic" world...even bugs. He's a sick little devil, but he is honest about it!

Here is one of his favorites. To be honest in the K5IIs thread, I shot it off my screen with the K5 and Bigma, as the exif will show....

He calls this artistic shot "The Evils of Weevils".
Name:  IMGP9794-800.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  770.2 KB

The original is much better....... IMGP5269.jpg=800.jpg photo - James Williams photos at pbase.com

That's enough bug filth for me, but if you have a shot, Otis is still interested!

Regards!
07-09-2015, 12:22 PM   #1125
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I sure like those...the ducks in particular the lighting is perfect....all the "feel" of a late evening.
Thank you both.

QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Hattifnatt, I wish my landscapes were as sad and boring as yours!
Thank you, but I was only half joking here. I really do think some of my landscapes are a bit boring, but I tend to like ordinary landscapes much more than the spectacular ones that usually become tourist attractions. Just give me a tree, some hills and a sunset and I'm happy