Photos: Gallery
All three birds are nice Rupert !

Click on the photos for details...

07-14-2015, 10:02 AM   #1157
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote

Click on the photos for details...

Hard to pick a favorite as they are all so good, but I really like that red squirrel.
07-14-2015, 11:10 AM   #1158
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks FS!......You didn't like my little raccoon guy?

QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Hard to pick a favorite as they are all so good, but I really like that red squirrel.
My sentiments also.....and who wouldn't love a pole dancing squirrel!

Regards!
07-14-2015, 12:17 PM   #1159
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Sirs !

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You didn't like my little raccoon guy?
I thought it was a flying racoon

07-14-2015, 02:44 PM   #1160
Veteran Member

You are welcome FS! We like your work here, it is always the best and always interesting. Your processing is #1 too!

Just a note.....I have been worried about little FS, but saw him briefly yesterday. He looks good, just a little pale from working on that big still out in the Woods of Otis making many gallons of corn whiskey. It's dark in those woods, so he needs to get out and get a little sun, but he hates to leave since he has to personally sample every new batch.

Regards!
07-15-2015, 02:25 AM   #1161

Photos: Albums
Great shots !!
Dakight, the Dragonflies are really nice.

Rupert, those birds are amazing (as always).
Has Otis started recruiting heavy artillery for the army of Otis?
I finally received the replacement 150-500 yesterday (last day to drive into the main city and pick it up before it got sent back).
I'll need to make a concerted effort this week(end).

fs, thanks for the tutorial. will come in handy
That bridge / pier is a really nice piece of architectural work, the stonework looks fantastic!!

Cheers

Leon
07-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #1162
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
I finally received the replacement 150-500 yesterday (last day to drive into the main city and pick it up before it got sent back).
Thanks!
Be sure to write an analysis of what you think of it after you get some use. In fact, PM me to point out the post where you do so.

Ravenspurn..I want to mention, you are a good poster here on PF. You get involved in the conversation, take time to post a brief comment on the efforts of others, and don't just whizz by and dump a load of shots and leave like so many of those Ugly Posters do so often. A few of us continue to make this an interesting and fun thread as well as useful in improving our own efforts. That does not come by dumping off photos and acting as if no one else exists. I'd like to get that message to everyone, but some are so self centered they just don't care about anyone else.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping this thread in good order and a nice place to view the work of others and place our own K5IIs photos, It doesn't go without notice.

Regards!

07-15-2015, 10:16 AM - 1 Like   #1163
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
fs, thanks for the tutorial. will come in handy
That bridge / pier is a really nice piece of architectural work, the stonework looks fantastic!!
Thank you ! It is a roman viaduct combined with a bridge still in use, people can go trough under the water !

Here you can see inside the viaduct :

Here over :

And from the side :
07-15-2015, 10:25 AM   #1164
Pentaxian

Thank you ! It is a roman viaduct combined with a bridge still in use, people can go trough under the water !

Here you can see inside the viaduct :

Here over :

And from the side :
Fantastic shots. I just love ancient Roman architecture and history.
07-15-2015, 12:46 PM   #1165
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you th1952 !
07-15-2015, 03:13 PM   #1166
Veteran Member

Love those shots FS! Ancient history sure beats a big ugly PVC waterline doesn't it! Remarkable engineering without heavy equipment .......and the arches are superb.

Regards!
07-15-2015, 09:23 PM   #1167
Veteran Member

I thought it was a flying racoon
Another Hitachi flashlight night shot. I asked this Mama Raccoon about flying and she said she only flies if offered those frequent flyer miles.

This one was totally in the dark and out of any light, so I just pointed and shot. Even at ISO 6400 I had to push it hard to see anything at all. Cute little guys! Just think how cute he will be when he gets his wings FS!

Regards!
07-15-2015, 11:56 PM   #1168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice mama !

And you managed very well those 6400 iso ! Lovely little masked bandit
07-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #1169
Veteran Member

Nice mama !

And you managed very well those 6400 iso ! Lovely little masked bandit
Thanks FS,but what I really need to do is set up at night to get some really decent shots of these little guys. I'm usually too worn out at that time of night to get serious about setting up for the best results.

Here is a little repair job done in DXO FilmPak3

Still no masterpiece but a little better. Raccoons aren't too particular, if it looks good enough on print they will eat it...they will eat most anything!

I mentioned the wings to them and they said they love wings! Hot wings and BBQ honey wings are their favorites!

Regards!
07-16-2015, 10:39 AM   #1170
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks FS,but what I really need to do is set up at night to get some really decent shots of these little guys. I'm usually too worn out at that time of night to get serious about setting up for the best results.

Here is a little repair job done in DXO FilmPak3

Still no masterpiece but a little better. Raccoons aren't too particular, if it looks good enough on print they will eat it...they will eat most anything!

I mentioned the wings to them and they said they love wings! Hot wings and BBQ honey wings are their favorites!

Regards!
Yep, better after filmpak. I'm surpised you recovered that much detail originally. A few years back, I had a couple of young raccoons stroll away with my copper peanut feeder. Never did find it.