Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #1201
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
THat is a great shot.
Thanks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

It was early afternoon and the Arizona summer sun is intense. When I saw the reflection of the egret in the water I knew I had to do something with it. I tried boosting the exposure some but it blew out the whites so I just tried to balance the colors as best I could. The water is a greenish brown with the blue sky and clouds reflected in it. I was pretty pleased with how that came out.

07-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #1202
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice pics, Rupert. Thanks for the tip in regards to Flickr.
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice shots Rupert ! Love the woody !
Thanks guys.....I like seeing what others post here more than I enjoy posting my own "stuff". I kind of get bored with the same old subjects I shoot, but they are handy and just outside my windows, so I shoot what I get!

When it is 105F outside and 75% humidity, it is hard to make yourself go out into the world and shoot more interesting stuff....when it is a cool dry 70F here inside! If you were here, you'd probably be sitting right next to me and not roaming around in that treacherous jungle known as the Woods of Otis either?

Just shot this little female Cardinal.....the cedar fence is normally covered with birdies but it is already so hot she was the only lone bird out there....along with one squirrel. It is really a killer out there today!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 07-22-2015 at 09:38 AM.
07-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #1203
Veteran Member

You guys have left me all alone over here for a full day? I took a bath and brushed my teeth, and even sort of rinsed off my Farm Pants....will you come back now?

Regards!
Rupert
07-23-2015, 09:58 AM   #1204
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rupert,

I continue to enjoy your shy woodland creatures! I'm just back from three weeks abroad, in Britain and Germany, and have been meaning to process more of my shots (I did put up a few in the capture a stranger street photography thread). Here's a change of subject for you. Ever since reunification, Berlin has been a giant building site, which can lead to some odd juxtapositions.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
07-23-2015, 10:38 AM   #1205
Veteran Member

jva59....I like it! ......and it is nice to have some company in here. It was getting kind of scary all alone. Otis offered to join me, but I respectfully declined.

So you travel the world! What great photo opportunities you must have! Post more!

Regards!
07-23-2015, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #1206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I tought I could let you a week with my ten photos...

Nice shots both !

Click on the photos for details...

07-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #1207
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I tought I could let you a week with my ten photos...

Nice shots both !

Click on the photos for details...

Wonderful pics. My favs are the bridge and the yellow flowers.

07-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #1208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you th1952 !
07-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #1209
Veteran Member

For me the bridge and the "mostly blue" shot, but it is always hard to pick, they are all great shots!

Regards!....and you guys stop leaving me alone over here for so long, it gets damn scary with Otis outside my windows making ghostly sounds.
07-24-2015, 02:16 AM   #1210
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Booo !

Thanks !
07-24-2015, 05:46 PM   #1211
Veteran Member

Damn it! That made me jump!

Guys, my computer crashed this afternoon, so I won't be with you guys for a while. I am on an old computer that I can barely use and don't have any of my programs on.

Here are my last three shots for a while......nothing special except for the subject. All at ISO 6400.

"Daddy, I'm so hungry!"

"A little grain will cure that! Let Daddy help you!"

They are the only birds around here that do this, and it is always the male Cardinal and it is always a young female he is feeding. Very common here from Spring through Summer months.

One other on the "cheater branch" from this morning. Also at ISO 6400...best I could do that time of day.

Yes, I know you will ask...I think it was Otis that crashed my computer. As I was coming in from outside one of his Army squirrels threw an empty beer bottle in the yard. I hollered out to Otis that if he didn't stop that sort of thing I would go online and find a good squirrel recipe. All he said was "No, you won't" and turned his back. I went online and my computer immediately froze. He was right again.

Hope to see you guys again soon....I'll try to drop in on this antique machine and see what you have for us here!

Regards!
Rupert
07-24-2015, 06:02 PM   #1212
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Damn it! That made me jump!

Guys, my computer crashed this afternoon, so I won't be with you guys for a while. I am on an old computer that I can barely use and don't have any of my programs on.

Here are my last three shots for a while......nothing special except for the subject. All at ISO 6400.

"Daddy, I'm so hungry!"

"A little grain will cure that! Let Daddy help you!"

They are the only birds around here that do this, and it is always the male Cardinal and it is always a young female he is feeding. Very common here from Spring through Summer months.

One other on the "cheater branch" from this morning. Also at ISO 6400...best I could do that time of day.

Yes, I know you will ask...I think it was Otis that crashed my computer. As I was coming in from outside one of his Army squirrels threw an empty beer bottle in the yard. I hollered out to Otis that if he didn't stop that sort of thing I would go online and find a good squirrel recipe. All he said was "No, you won't" and turned his back. I went online and my computer immediately froze. He was right again.

Hope to see you guys again soon....I'll try to drop in on this antique machine and see what you have for us here!

Regards!
Rupert

Nice shots, Rupert. Hurry back.
07-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #1213
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots, Rupert. Hurry back.
Agreed !
If you want I can give you some squirrel recipes...dspupuzgo66l9z37trk<AEцѪϮۅṜḷṥῆ‡қғѾЭвБֿ֚ףڴڻ†ZRQRZrf8zqwedf<wedf<fwefoawmzefawzefuaw0seu9,e
dfsdrghfk kg,s ghs.foguze 8o0rtg rg.foyeiurgpyuerfèeé-t78'0ér7ztwr gupse.rfufpu wef'p9weu8f pwfjPower Off
07-25-2015, 09:57 AM   #1214
Veteran Member

May be a while guys.....I can barely use this old computer I am using temporarily and have none of my programs, hardware, keyboard, or big screen monitor, so it is down to the bare bones.

About all I can do is view....so you guys post some stuff here, I'll be watching and waiting for it!

Best Regards!

FS- I am afraid to even think about squirrel recipes after what just happened, but I do appreciate the thought! You try it and let me know how it tastes.......if your computer will still work afterward?
07-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #1215
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
May be a while guys.....I can barely use this old computer I am using temporarily and have none of my programs, hardware, keyboard, or big screen monitor, so it is down to the bare bones.

About all I can do is view....so you guys post some stuff here, I'll be watching and waiting for it!

Best Regards!

FS- I am afraid to even think about squirrel recipes after what just happened, but I do appreciate the thought! You try it and let me know how it tastes.......if your computer will still work afterward?
Rupert Good luck with the computer. It's horrifying to think how dependent on mine I am. Here are a few shots from a recent trip to Berlin with my trusty K5 IIs (some cross posted, others not).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo