Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Superb shots Rupert !
Yes they are!

08-05-2015, 07:18 AM   #1262
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks FS! Wish I could offer up more variety as you do, but the subjects are limited outside my little office windows and I take what I get. If the heat and humidity will decrease I might get some raccoon night shots. They are a family of six and come every night, each one very willing to pose for the camera. Just to hot out there and humid, and the mosquitoes tend to carry off my camera gear if I set it down for even a moment.

Regards!

BTW
- All of you guys are most welcome to come over to the Lounge and post in the Today's Shots thread.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/296039-forum-shots-today.html

We welcome new talent, and even those like me with little talent! It's a great place to post your favorite shot of the day and join in the friendly conversations with other like minded members. Give us a look, it's all free!
08-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #1263
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Yes they are!
I appreciate that...one from a few minutes ago...Otis dared me to post it and I'm going to anyhow. I am so fed up with being dominated by a tiny damn squirrel...and his Giant Army.

Regards & Thanks again!
08-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #1264
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So neat ! And a gorgeous bokeh !

08-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #1265
Veteran Member

So neat ! And a gorgeous bokeh !
Thank you FS!...call it good luck!

Here's what you guys really want, according to Otis.

Even though it is 102F out there, Otis has outsmarted those mean head-pecking Jay birds and kept them from his food at the same time. A tiny bird brain is no match for the brilliant mind of Otis!

If he stays in there a little while longer I can cook up some sweet potatoes and greens and make some squirrel gravy, he'll be ready to eat!

Regards!
08-06-2015, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #1266
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
If he stays in there a little while longer I can cook up some sweet potatoes and greens and make some squirrel gravy, he'll be ready to eat!
Otis has visited his nordic friends and discovered a new way of life : the sauna !

Click on the photos for details...

Last edited by fs999; 08-06-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Photo numbering
08-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #1267
Veteran Member

# 2 and #4 are my favorites......though Otis swears he can do better with that "MagicLens" of yours, and will prove it if you will only send it here for a few days use by him and his top squirrel shooter? He will pay postage both ways! Of course if he finds his work inferior, due to the lens, there would be no reason to return it...right?

Still wish you would number your shots, it would make it easier to reply without scrolling up and down until my head gets dizzy! You should do that for me FS, after all I am handicapped with two bad feet.

Never realized that Otis could have been using that box as a sauna.....You apparently have the same "Big Brain Thinking" that Otis has...and I lack.

Regards!

08-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #1268
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

# 2 and #4 are my favorites......though Otis swears he can do better with that "MagicLens" of yours, and will prove it if you will only send it here for a few days use by him and his top squirrel shooter? He will pay postage both ways! Of course if he finds his work inferior, due to the lens, there would be no reason to return it...right?
Thank you ! and No ! Say to Otis that I have buried landmines everywhere, he will have no chance if he tries to come search it !

Still wish you would number your shots, it would make it easier to reply without scrolling up and down until my head gets dizzy! You should do that for me FS, after all I am handicapped with two bad feet.
Done ! For your poor feet
08-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #1269
Veteran Member

Done ! For your poor feet
Thank you so much!...continue to do this for the sake of my poor feet, I will appreciate it so much!

Otis is not deterred, and says if he can locate that lens at your place he is willing to sacrifice as many squirrels as it takes to retrieve it. Sounds like Otis is a mighty brave squirrel??

Regards!
08-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #1270
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ha ! Did you stumble over a squirrel ?
08-07-2015, 05:47 AM   #1271
Veteran Member

Ha ! Did you stumble over a squirrel ?
Nope...I was working on my roof two years ago in September and a damn squirrel and a few of his buddies pushed me off the roof from behind. Otis had them all partially cremated (roasted with sweet potatoes and squirrel gravy) but the damage was done and I will have to live with the consequences for the rest of my life. In '92 I broke my right ankle in the same manner and it was suspected to be a squirrel attack then, but no proof was ever found. These are dangerous little critters....beware!

A Few Moments, Please:
Recently I posted a few lines about Ugly Posters. We don't need them here and in most threads, but some got the idea I was a little hard on them. On the contrary, I can see their point of view perfectly, and have even started a special thread just for them. I'm that kind of Nice Guy!
Heck, I am even using it myself and anytime anyone is feeling a bit "Ugly" just drop in over there and leave a few shots and move on. No comment is required...or allowed...no response to other posters is required...or allowed...it is so fast and easy that I may become a Professional Ugly Poster myself! Feel free to drop of a few shots anytime you are feeling Ugly. I do and find it a refreshing experience!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html
Best Regards!
08-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #1272
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Never realized that Otis could have been using that box as a sauna.....You apparently have the same "Big Brain Thinking" that Otis has...and I lack.

Regards!
Looks as if you have been enjoying a splendid holiday, FS. 2, 8 & 10 are my favorites!

Very best of luck with the foot, Rupert!

I'm off to this place tomorrow (re-post, I think). Will be frantically preparing today, among other things by trying to take a reasonable selection of lenses. Plan to take a film body and some color film too, just for the heck of it. Just possibly I might get within range of a loon with my 300 mm. Wish me luck!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
08-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #1273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
I'm off to this place tomorrow
Wow! What a gorgeous place it is. Hope you have a great time and perfect light. Look forward to your report and shots!

FS- Got your shot in the Ugly Thread...and it is...Ugly! Just perfect! Thanks!

I hope we have made Ugly Posters welcome with their very own thread to dump in! Heck, I kind of like it myself! However, being a sociable animal, like Otis, I like a little conversation with my posting most of the time!
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html
Regards!
08-07-2015, 10:50 AM   #1274
Veteran Member

Just another typical noon around here......squirrels practicing their lessons learned at the Otis Seminar on Relaxation, and birdies contemplating attending the next Otis Seminar, if they can come up with the entry fee?

Nothing too exciting, just a normal hot August day in Texas!

Regards!
08-07-2015, 05:37 PM   #1275
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Crimson Glory

K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm f4-5.8 ED