Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #1366

QuoteOriginally posted by ydaf Quote
Not the greatest quality photos but I am still learning.
They look good to me, especially #1 and #2.

---------- Post added 09-01-15 at 05:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
I love gravy !

My favs are #1, #2 and #9.

---------- Post added 09-01-15 at 05:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
#1 and #2 are my favs FS. Otis loves the pole dancer.......does she ever "get naked"? He likes to visit the local club where the pole dancers get naked and go wild....but that's how Otis is, a wild and crazy squirrel!
The rest are excellent as always.....love #7....my Raccoons love #4 best and would sure like a closer look.....maybe you could FedX it to them?

Nice shots. lovely color YDF! Feel free to join in the conversation here and comment on the photos of others, you will be most welcome.

A few little doves from yesterday....shot through my office windows because it is too hot outside....and I am lazy too.

I'm doing my best to get more handsome squirrel shots, but they are avoiding the heat now that they have a big new air conditioned clubhouse up in a giant Oak Tree. Otis had it built with donations he received for the little blind starving orphan squirrels, and thanks everyone that has donated. He will see to it that they are well fed this winter.

Regards!
I love that Spanish dove shot.

09-01-2015, 04:15 PM   #1367
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
I love that Spanish dove shot.
Thanks 1952! They do make good gravy according to Otis, but are no match for the handsomeness of a handsome squirrel.

Regards!
09-02-2015, 12:01 AM - 1 Like   #1368
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Poor hungry squirrel !

Click on the photos for details...

09-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #1369
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Amazing Photos FS.
Love 1, 5 and 9. But that flower is really beautiful, and the bokeh is lovely.

/Leon

09-02-2015, 04:46 AM   #1370
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Leon !
09-02-2015, 04:58 AM   #1371
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The problem with Digital is that you are all too willing to shoot waaay too many photographs.
Trying to decide on the best is quite difficult, sometimes I miss the old days of film...

Here are a few more from Samos.

Cheers

Leon
09-02-2015, 05:03 AM - 1 Like   #1372
Pentaxian

09-02-2015, 05:44 AM   #1373
Loyal Site Supporter

Gee? Did anyone happen to notice FS's wonderful shots, or when you "dump and run" is there just no time left to view the efforts of others?

This thread could sure use some help....Check it out! https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html A great place to dump and run!

FS- #1 #6 & #10 are the ones I favor, but they are all excellent , as usual. #10 is spectacular! Don't worry about the little starving squirrels, Otis took each of them half a peanut yesterday to see them through the day.

Regards!

This little young female Cardinal will be a beauty by mid-winter!

09-02-2015, 06:00 AM   #1374
Pentaxian

Gee? Did anyone happen to notice FS's wonderful shots, or when you "dump and run" is there just no time left to view the efforts of others?
I have seen it happen before but squirrel-friend is right yet again and I apologize!

I find FS's flower close-ups absolutely stunning in both color as well as detail. But the last one literally blew me away. The shades of green and the lovely OOF circles are really exquisite. The little ladybug image is very well done too.

Last edited by newmikey; 09-02-2015 at 06:12 AM.
09-02-2015, 06:20 AM   #1375
Pentaxian

I suspect this is probably a joke, as you cannot possibly know what people view or do not view. Not everybody is so vocal, fortunately. Just because somebody doesn't write that much doesn't mean they pay no attention to the work of others.
FS always produces great shots. I really doubt he needs somebody to draw attention towards them.

Just my 2 cents.
09-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #1376
Loyal Site Supporter

Hattifnatt......Read this. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/296979-ugly-posters-you-one.html

No one posts just to have their effort go unnoticed or unappreciated. If you do, then all you need is your own website and just drag and drop...... or you can do it all right here..... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html

Do you also attend parties where no one speaks to you? I think not! Good threads have interaction, it can be brief....like FS...he is a man of few words, but there needs to be some acknowledgement that we all exist and our work is worth a comment.

Regards!

newmikey....You're a good man! You corrected your bad manners promptly, made no excuse, and are a gentleman! ....and yes, that last shot by FS is truly stunning!

---------- Post added 09-02-15 at 10:03 AM ----------

Forgot to mention...loved your last two shots newmikey.! Very nice!

I have been trying to get this shot for ages...a male Cardinal on the Cheater Branch. It is rare that they land there. This morning it happened, and the light was harsh and at the wrong angle, but I got what I could. I would have appreciated more speed and a lower ISO too...but you take what you get.....

Magnificent birds! Next time maybe I'll do better or have better luck!

Regards!
09-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #1377
Pentaxian

Hattifnatt......Read this. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/296979-ugly-posters-you-one.html No one posts just to have their effort go unnoticed or unappreciated. If you do, then all you need is your own website and just drag and drop...... or you can do it all right here..... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/301157-ugly-posters-...post-here.html Do you also attend parties where no one speaks to you? I think not! Good threads have interaction, it can be brief....like FS...he is a man of few words, but there needs to be some acknowledgement that we all exist and our work is worth a comment. Regards!
I have read the thread you recommended and I see now that I was wrong. I don't want to be an ugly poster. From now on I will show my appreciation of others' posts.
09-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #1378
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
I have read the thread you recommended and I see now that I was wrong. I don't want to be an ugly poster. From now on I will show my appreciation of others' posts.
That is a rare thing to post Hattifnatt, and only a real man would make such a post in open public. I commend you highly and give you my honest respect.
I love this thread and a few more here on PForums and want them to survive and flourish. It takes a little effort to keep people coming back and interested in posting. If we all work together, we all enjoy together. I'm long winded with a big mouth, I know, and that is not necessary to keep a thread alive....just a few words are usually adequate, but I do hate to see a post go with no response...not just my post...any post.

I appreciate your response, and look forward to seeing more of you here and elsewhere on PForums!

Best Regards!

BTW-- Feel free to post in that Ugly Poster photo thread, it's kind of fun to just drop off a shot every so often and let 'er ride! There are some neat shots in there...and I often find it hard not to respond...but I do follow the rules of the thread!
09-02-2015, 01:04 PM   #1379
Pentaxian

BTW-- Feel free to post in that Ugly Poster photo thread, it's kind of fun to just drop off a shot every so often and let 'er ride! There are some neat shots in there...and I often find it hard not to respond...but I do follow the rules of the thread!
I tried to read that post but cannot access it. That forum seems blocked to me. Oh, never mind. I did get the point and that's what this was about.
09-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #1380
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
I tried to read that post but cannot access it. That forum seems blocked to me. Oh, never mind. I did get the point and that's what this was about.

Yes you did, and it is appreciated. I'll paste it here for you and anyone else that wants to be a good poster in our great K5IIs thread. I like this thread, you guys do some very nice work and I enjoy. Together we can keep it interesting and active!

From the Ugly Poster thread in the Lounge:

Ugly posters....Are you one?
You click on a thread, maybe one you visit often or maybe a new one....in busts a poster with a photo and maybe a line or two on his own behalf, completely ignoring any posts before his/hers and then pops out, often never to be seen again until he does the same in some other thread...or back again in the one he just rudely interrupted with his narcissistic behavior.
See it all the time....here and at other sites too. These seem to be common and irritate the hell out of me. I normally never respond to those type of posters, and hope they go away and don't come back.

Some common sense in community relationships should be a lesson learned in the first grade, if some of these people ever went to the first grade?

If you are here just to post your own photos or comments, with total disregard for others, maybe you just need your own encrypted website where you can post to your own glory and then visit the site and slap yourself on the back?

It is sometimes hard to reply to every post...often things roll too fast, but at least you can reply to the preceding post or two if it contains a photo or a comment needing a reply of some sort. In other words you can join in...isn't that why we are here....Hell, I even answer the damn squirrels here, and they answer back.....maybe they have better manners...or larger brains than some I see roaming free and scratching their own itch as if the whole world should perk up when they arrive on the scene.

Rude and immature, irritating and disgusting.....If you are one of these....I have to ask..what the hell are you doing here on the internet in conversational forums?

End of rant....

Regards!
(Otis says someone will now come along and post a photo, no reply, and move along........to do it somewhere else again soon.)

Regards!

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/132-pentaxian-lounge/296979-ugly-posters-...#ixzz3kcRC5DFC

Regards! ....Looking at it again, it seems a little rough and tough, but it was written mostly by Otis so that is understandable!