Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
09-09-2015, 06:01 AM   #1426
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Spring collection - 1st week

Guys, this spring here in Newcastle Australia, I intend to take photos of as many different native wildflower species as I can within 200km of my house and post. Here is the start of my collection. Enjoy

Kennedia rubicundra

Hibbertia riparia

Lomatia salaifolia

Gompholobium grandiflora

Burchardia umbellata

Billardiera scandens

Hybanthus monopetila

Pultenaea palacea

Dillwynia retorta

Pultenaea villosa

Daviesia ulicifolia

Stylidium graminifolium

Hardenbergia violacea

Acacia brownei

Lomandra longifolia

Kennedia rubicundra

Last edited by Wild Mark; 09-10-2015 at 12:38 AM.
09-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #1427

Photos: Albums
Wild Mark,
Beautiful Flowers, I recognise the Coral Pea and Lady's Slipper, but not much else, but it was a long time ago.
Looks like an episode from Burke's Backyard

Cheers

Leon
09-09-2015, 11:55 PM   #1428
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Wild Mark,
Beautiful Flowers, I recognise the Coral Pea and Lady's Slipper, but not much else, but it was a long time ago.
Looks like an episode from Burke's Backyard

Cheers

Leon
Ill have to add species names - will do tonight - and thanks for your kind words. Here are some more from todays walk in the bush

Boronia pinnata

Senna clavigera

Kerandrenia hillii (rare)

Pomaderris discolor

Wurmbea biglandulosa

Hibbertia dentata

Goodenia ovata

Geitonoplesium cyanea

Logania albiflora

Howittia trilocularis

---------- Post added 09-10-15 at 05:44 PM ----------

Some more local orchids and curiosities

Caladenia alata

Caladenia sp

Caladenia catenata

Diuris praecox (threatened species)

Last edited by Wild Mark; 09-10-2015 at 12:09 AM.
09-10-2015, 01:37 AM - 2 Likes   #1429
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I would prefer something with a K mount in the 14-20mm f/2 range.
The Sigma Art 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM is excellent !

Nice macros Wild Mark !

Click on the photos for details...

09-10-2015, 08:15 AM   #1430
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

#2 #$#6 #7#10........Hell, I liked every one of those FS! #4 is wonderful, looks like it is 3D and the color is gorgeous!

Love the wildflowers Wild Mark, very interesting too.

Just a note here to any of you guys that received an E-mail from Otis Squirrel advising that he has found the FS Photo Factory and now has stolen FS photos for sale at the bargain price price of $12. each. PayPal payment in advance.

I was so excited! ......and ordered one shot with that special FS Magic Lens......I paid an extra $6. to have him frame it for me.

Somehow,it just doesn't look right to me? I'm pretty disappointed and am trying to get a refund, which Otis says may take up to a year. Unless you like what you see, maybe you had better pass on stolen FS photos?

The bokeh just doesn't have the same magic effect to my eyes......maybe it was a factory defect, or maybe just another Otis scam?

Regards!
09-10-2015, 11:04 AM   #1431
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been away for a while, both from home & my K 5 IIs (I took a Sigma Merrill with me and nothing else--it was the only way to make myself use it, as it is so cumbersome by comparison with my Pentax--some shots on the Foveon thread.)

Many many great shots since I last posted! Spectacular aurora, Ravenspurn; exquisite flowers (inter alia) FS and Wild Mark, and ever more eloquent squirrels, Rupert (if only they could speak, but perhaps it's just as well they can't). Here are a few test shots made on my first outing with a newly acquired A* 84 1.4.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
09-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #1432

Hi Rupert,

Is it entirely possible that Otis has attempted to plagiarise FS's work??
Either way, you have a very talented Squirrel, or is it the Otis Gravy Sweatshop?
(Work 'till you drop, then you become Gravy!!)

Wild Mark, Great pics.
Thanks for adding the Names, and love the Orchids.

jva, Thanks!! We had a G2 magnetic storm... first for the season we could see here.
love the shot under the bridge, but all are great.

FS, Amazing Cathedral shot.
I have my old K1000 and associated lenses on their way from Scotland.
Among them is something I thought I lost... An old Hanimex MC 28mm f/2.8 and a Vivitar 20mm - cannot rightly remember why I stopped using them...

Cheers

Leon

Last edited by Ravenspurn; 09-10-2015 at 12:19 PM.
09-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #1433
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Here are a few test shots made on my first outing with a newly acquired A* 84 1.4.
Nice shots, I like that birdie....heron? Nice artwork shot too...looks like some of the drawings Otis is trying to pass off as shots from FS?

Is it entirely possible that Otis has attempted to plagiarise FS's work??
Either way, you have a very talented Squirrel,
Otis never misses a chance to make a few dollars and/or scam some unsuspecting victim.

Went up to Palo Duro Canyon on Tuesday...it's a long drive up there but very scenic down in the canyon itself. The drive is long and ugly.

Only took a couple of shots with the K5IIs....have to admit the Toy Camera X10 is better suited for snapping vacation type photos.

K5IIs + Bigma.

The rest are with the Toy Camera X10/X20.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129469263@N03/albums/72157658441632265

It was fun to get away from the damn squirrels for a couple of days!

Regards!
09-11-2015, 04:50 AM   #1434
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots and thank you Rupert ! Otis only found my kindergarten painting facility factory, that's all

Thank you jva59 ! Nice lens and shots !

Thank you Leon !
09-11-2015, 07:27 AM   #1435
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Otis only found my kindergarten painting facility factory, that's all
Hmmmm....if that is some of your early work FS it could someday be worth a lot of cash? Maybe I will hang on to it, since it's not likely Otis is going to give me a refund anyhow.

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice shots and thank you Rupert !
Thanks FS......just a couple of ordinary rock shots, nothing like smooth gravy or handsome squirrels.

Regards!
09-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #1436
Veteran Member

"Anyone got any biscuits? We have creamy gravy this morning!"

Regards!
09-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #1437
Veteran Member

Gentlemen....We have been sued!

I just received notice that a lawsuit has been filed on behalf of all winged creatures by PETA for instigating harm and malicious conduct toward little birds of the air by referring to them as "worthless", "ugly", filthy, and applying the the derogatory term "gravy" when referring to them.

It names Rupert, Ravenspurn and fs999 as the primary culprits and Otis Squirrel as the perpetrator of evil deeds against nature.

The plaintiff, pictured below, says that he was attacked by one Otis Squirrel with a wire lasso tossed around his little neck and pulled tight as a horde of other squirrels hollered out Gravy! Gravy! Gravy! He claims he was only saved because the wire broke just as he was being led to the grilling rack and he was able to escape the fires of evil. The scars on his neck are what he claims, evidence of this brutal attack.

Otis says we have nothing to worry about, and since he has purchased new titanium wire, the plaintiff will not likely be around to show up in court when the hearing date arrives. He makes no denial, but claims the filthy bird was trespassing in the Woods of Otis and had it coming for his offensive act.
So if you get a notice too, relax! Otis has us covered! I think I can already smell that delicious gravy!

Regards!

"You guys should be ashamed!"

Yes...but we're not! At least I''m not, I can't speak for FS or Ravenspurn, but they don't seem like the kind to be ashamed of supporting Otis?
09-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #1438
Veteran Member

Gee? I guess the lawsuit scared you guy off? Where the heck are you? Are you hiding out until this blows over? Like I said, there is no need to worry, Otis will handle it soon enough.

Otis has a swollen head this morning...he got his photo on the front page of the Roundup section.....beats being on a Wanted Dead of Alive Poster!
Photography Roundup - 9/12 - Columns | PentaxForums.com

More gravy, I guess they will join a class action suit against us all soon?

You guys can come out from hiding.....there is nothing to fear, Otis has never lost a battle. His attorney, Louie Lawyer Squirrel is the best on the planet!

Regards!
09-13-2015, 08:20 AM   #1439
Veteran Member

Good Night Otis, sweet dreams.

K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-DA 180270mm f3.5-6.3 ED SDM
09-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #1440
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Good Night Otis, sweet dreams.

K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-DA 180270mm f3.5-6.3 ED SDM