Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2015, 01:07 PM   #1456
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,449
Nice shots dakight !

Superb birds Rupert ! #7 is fantastic ! I hope won't be disappointed of your new lens

Nice shot 5shot !

Click on the photos for details...
#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10


09-17-2015, 02:27 PM   #1457
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,733
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Superb birds Rupert ! #7 is fantastic ! I hope won't be disappointed of your new lens

Nice shot 5shot !
Thanks FS! I expect to be thrilled with the new lens. May not gain much if any in IQ but it should be more fun to use and operate. You know me...I'm in it for the fun, like Otis until he got himself arrested.

Hard to pick a favorites of those, as usual, I do favor plants and animals over landscapes but find a lot to like in #7.
#1 #4 #5 and #8 are excellent......also as usual. If I was into the culinary arts, the last one would be my favorite, but after being re-programmed by PETA , I have given up making rich creamy gravies.

5Shot...Feel free to join in the conversations here, and comment on the shots you see. We all like to know that our photos are showing and not invisible! I like the tractor shot.....I like tractors a lot! I have a friend that owns 12 of them! He has TBA...sort of like LBA but more expensive!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 09-18-2015 at 06:17 AM.
09-18-2015, 12:53 AM   #1458
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,449
Thank you Rupert ! Did you know that I have some fine gravy receipes of squirrels ?
09-18-2015, 04:40 AM   #1459
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,812
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks FS! I expect to be thrilled with the new lens. May not gain much if any in IQ but it should be more fun to use and operate. You know me...I'm in it for the fun, like Otis until he got himself arrested.

Hard to pick a favorites of those, as usual, I do favor plants and animals over landscapes but find a lot to like in #7.
#1 #4 #5 and #8 are excellent......also as usual. If I was into the culinary arts, the last one would be my favorite, but after being re-programmed by PETA , I have given up making rich creamy gravies.

5Shot...Feel free to join in the conversations here, and comment on the shots you see. We all like to know that our photos are showing and not indivisible! I like the tractor shot.....I like tractors a lot! I have a friend that owns 12 of them! He has TBA...sort of like LBA but more expensive!

Regards!
Rupert,

I hope you enjoy your new lens. I hemmed and hawed over that or the new Pentax. The Bigma is no slouch. I finally choose the Pentax when it was first put on sale and I am very happy with it. I was really looking at the Sigma 150-500 and it suddenly disappeared so I missed the boat on that one. Already having a Tamron 70 - 200 F2.8 helped swayed me too as I didn't need to overlap the range.

For what it's worth, PETA really means People Eating Tasty Animals. The whole other thing is just a cover for their real aims.

09-18-2015, 06:36 AM   #1460
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,733
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you Rupert ! Did you know that I have some fine gravy receipes of squirrels ?
We might need those recipes FS....A friend over on a Forum at Flickr recommended I take Otis to the taxidermist for a checkup. Not a bad idea, he does look pretty "low energy" lately.




QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Rupert,

I hope you enjoy your new lens. I hemmed and hawed over that or the new Pentax. The Bigma is no slouch. I finally choose the Pentax when it was first put on sale and I am very happy with it. I was really looking at the Sigma 150-500 and it suddenly disappeared so I missed the boat on that one. Already having a Tamron 70 - 200 F2.8 helped swayed me too as I didn't need to overlap the range.

For what it's worth, PETA really means People Eating Tasty Animals. The whole other thing is just a cover for their real aims.
Thanks gaweidert!
I think the Pentax 150-450 is a great lens from what I have seen, and I might have ended up with it, but when that bargain came along unexpectedly during my decision process, I couldn't pass it up. My current Bigma has served me so well, and I have been so pleased with it that I don't think I will have any second thoughts on buying the new one. Same with the K5IIs...it has exceeded my expectations and was a real bargain.....I paid less for it than either of my two Fuji Toy Cameras ..X10/X20.
I love shooting for fun, and saving cash is not a bad deal either!

You may be right on PETA.....I did some research and 80% of their "charitable" income is spent on management salaries and the other 20% on gourmet eating utensils and fine wines. Makes you wonder???


Regards!
09-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #1461
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,449
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We might need those recipes FS....A friend over on a Forum at Flickr recommended I take Otis to the taxidermist for a checkup. Not a bad idea, he does look pretty "low energy" lately.
That's a good idea. We also could send him to a glove maker, I need some pairs for winter...

Hilarious shots !

I thought it was Please Eat That Army
09-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #1462
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,733
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
That's a good idea. We also could send him to a glove maker, I need some pairs for winter...
When Otis gets out of jail, and he surely will, he's not going to like what we've been saying about him and his Army one bit. But after he pointed the finger at us here on the bad treatment of little birdies and turned into a turncoat rat.....I may need some gloves too! I could make a lot of gloves with that big army of his!

While Otis is away, little sweet birdies are much easier to get to pose, knowing Otis is not hiding behind some limbs with a wire to snare their little necks.

This little girly agreed to pose as I tested trying to use manual settings and bring down the ISO levels.

All of these are at ISO 1600 and at f 6.7 wide open handheld @1/100...which is pretty slow for handholding the Bigma. It is my old Bigma, the new one may arrive this afternoon? All are at or near 500mm.

First she a wanted to sound off about what a worthless animal Otis is, and his band of criminal squirrels he calls an army. She got pretty worked up but did eventually calm down.




A profile shot, please? Thank You!


Now turn the other way....Thank You again!


Fluff up for me and show me your winter coat. Yes...you are adorable!


Sweet little birdies.....that Otis is a damn monster!

Regards!
09-19-2015, 06:39 PM   #1463
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,733
I found two more of the little girlie I missed editing.....she was so lovely. I hope she will come back and pose for me again soon!



She could sing too! Sang me a few tunes in between poses!


Regards!

BTW- I heard Otis is free...sprung from jail by his Squirrel Army. Haven't seen him yet, he must be laying low? What I heard was that the prison he was in was impenetrable and is the highest security unit in America. When they took Otis' order for his evening meal, he ordered a sack of bird seed. An hour later the prison walls had been penetrated and Otis was out of there! Nothing on earth can keep squirrels away from bird seed, even a fool knows that much...but not those stupid PETA guards !

09-20-2015, 01:29 PM   #1464
Pentaxian
fs999's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Luxembourg
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,449
Wonderful shots Rupert ! Especially that fluffy one

I think he's searching my bokeh plant... He will never look in Antarctica, ha !
09-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #1465
Pentaxian
newmikey's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,456
Love those flower close-ups from FS and that cheekie girlie in her pristine feathers was also awesome mister R!

Here's a real Dutchie from me for this thread:
09-20-2015, 03:21 PM   #1466
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,004
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice shots dakight !

Superb birds Rupert ! #7 is fantastic ! I hope won't be disappointed of your new lens

Nice shot 5shot !

Click on the photos for details...
#1

#2

#3

#4

#5

#6

#7

#8

#9

#10
This is an exceptionally lovely set, FS. I loved the hillside village, the BW castle, the bird and the flowers, i.e. everything!

---------- Post added 09-20-15 at 06:22 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Love those flower close-ups from FS and that cheekie girlie in her pristine feathers was also awesome mister R!

Here's a real Dutchie from me for this thread:
newmikey, really like the way you captured the spinning blades!
09-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #1467
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,733
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Wonderful shots Rupert ! Especially that fluffy one

I think he's searching my bokeh plant... He will never look in Antarctica, ha !

Thank you so much FS
, wasn't she lovely and such a fine model to be so young! Never underestimate the power and perseverance of curious and dedicated squirrels.

QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
and that cheekie girlie in her pristine feathers was also awesome mister R!

Thanks to you too Mikey!
That is a very nice and lovely colored shot. It looks like a "happy" place around there.....you live nearby?

Otis is back in town and his first order of business was to inspect his territory.........he wasn't all that pleased!

"Smells like those damn birds have been peeing on my fence again!"


A couple from earlier today also...these are both from my new Bigma...I'm still learning its "ways".


She's corny but still photogenic!


The new Bigma put a nice little grin on Otis' little face when he first saw it!


Best Regards!
09-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #1468
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,004
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
We might need those recipes FS....A friend over on a Forum at Flickr recommended I take Otis to the taxidermist for a checkup. Not a bad idea, he does look pretty "low energy" lately.






Thanks gaweidert!
I think the Pentax 150-450 is a great lens from what I have seen, and I might have ended up with it, but when that bargain came along unexpectedly during my decision process, I couldn't pass it up. My current Bigma has served me so well, and I have been so pleased with it that I don't think I will have any second thoughts on buying the new one. Same with the K5IIs...it has exceeded my expectations and was a real bargain.....I paid less for it than either of my two Fuji Toy Cameras ..X10/X20.
I love shooting for fun, and saving cash is not a bad deal either!

You may be right on PETA.....I did some research and 80% of their "charitable" income is spent on management salaries and the other 20% on gourmet eating utensils and fine wines. Makes you wonder???


Regards!
Otis looks like he's recovering from gorging himself on acorns. Great shots, Rupert!
09-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #1469
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,733
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Otis looks like he's recovering from gorging himself on acorns. Great shots, Rupert!

Thanks JVA!
Otis is looking healthy, as usual. He does stay fit.

It's going to a take a while for me to get used to the new Bigma. I thought it would be just like my old one, but there are some differences I will have to adjust to. The good thing is the IQ is still plenty good for me, just as good or better than my old Bigma.

The OS is very good, but I'm not so sure it is any better than Pentax SR...more time testing will tell.....maybe. I switched back to SR because I am used to it and it works fast and easy too. The HSM is nice, fast...and quiet...don't want to disturb sleeping squirrels!

The next few days will be fun getting used to the new Bigma!

Regards! & Thanks again! ...we are becoming one of the more friendly and responsive threads on PForums, that has to be a good thing for all of us!
09-20-2015, 08:19 PM   #1470
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,004
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote

Thanks JVA!
Otis is looking healthy, as usual. He does stay fit.

It's going to a take a while for me to get used to the new Bigma. I thought it would be just like my old one, but there are some differences I will have to adjust to. The good thing is the IQ is still plenty good for me, just as good or better than my old Bigma.

The OS is very good, but I'm not so sure it is any better than Pentax SR...more time testing will tell.....maybe. I switched back to SR because I am used to it and it works fast and easy too. The HSM is nice, fast...and quiet...don't want to disturb sleeping squirrels!

The next few days will be fun getting used to the new Bigma!

Regards! & Thanks again! ...we are becoming one of the more friendly and responsive threads on PForums, that has to be a good thing for all of us!
Have fun with the Bigma & tell Otis to take it easy on the acorns. I stumbled on a Polish street fair today and took the opportunity to take a few 'street style' shots. All with my new (and already treasured) A* 85 1.4.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
alley, camera, crop, dslr, favorites, flickr, harbor, iso, james, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, macro, mass, park, pentax k-5, pole, shots, squirrel, squirrels, vienna, williams
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your Sony RX100 Pictures Here twitch Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 403 03-15-2017 11:48 AM
Thematic Infrared Photography - Post your "invisible world" pictures here photocanadian Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 21 09-13-2016 07:55 AM
Thematic Scooter World-Post your pictures of scooters or people with scooters here! bbluesman Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories 120 04-22-2011 07:28 AM
Who can post pictures in the post your pictures category? Sitting Bull Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 3 12-14-2010 05:41 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top