01-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #136
Inactive Account

Pentax K-5 IIs with Sigma 10-20mm F3.5

more pics in my blog

01-22-2013, 02:39 PM - 7 Likes   #137
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First K5 IIs shots

Here's a few from the last two weeks... picked up the K5 IIs recently and have been enjoying using it. These shots were taken with the DA* 50-135mm and the DA 35mm. I have found the photographs from the K5 IIs to be better than those from my original K5.. which is for sale at this time.

I have some thoughts and more photos at my website located at: Pentax K5 IIs Photography by Jim Radcliffe

01-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #138
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An extremely good series of shots there Jim showing the capabilities of the camera.
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
These pictures are amazing! sharpness, clarity, colours.every thing ensure that the k5IIS IS THE NEW KING LIKE THE OLD ONE K5!
Are you saying you could pick out which one was made with the K5, K5 II and the K5 IIs if i showed you 3 photos?
Wanna bed you can't

01-22-2013, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #140
Site Supporter

Picking out photos...

QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
Are you saying you could pick out which one was made with the K5, K5 II and the K5 IIs if i showed you 3 photos?
Wanna bed you can't
It really doesn't matter whether anyone can pick out such photos. It is of no importance at all.

I know what I was producing with the original K5 and I do see a difference... so it only matters to me and it is only important to me.
The thing is I usually had to sharpen the photos from the original K5... none of those I posted above were sharpened in post... and that is a big difference AND a time saver.

Last edited by Jim Radcliffe; 01-22-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: spelling and clarification...
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #141
Veteran Member

If you don't sharpen your photo you're missing somthing

You reduce the size of your photo for the web so you need to edit it propperly so that the effect of the reduction is minimal.
Image Resizing for the Web and Email

As for time saver... photos i import in lightroom already are getting "capture sharpened" automaticly so it does not cost me any time.

The rest of the sharpening i do is also need for the S version, but since i mostly do fashion it would be a pain with the clothing and moire...

Anyway.... i would be impressed if you can see the differnce in correctly developed photos.
I can even throw the K-01 and the K30 in the mix, might be a fun experiment.

but... that's a discusion for somewhere else i believe, this a photo thread afterall.
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM - 1 Like   #142
Site Supporter

Anyway.... i would be impressed if you can see the difference in correctly developed photos.
This is much like the old argument heard in numerous Leica forums where people are challenged to tell the difference between a "Leica Photo" and those from Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Fuji, Etc...

It really makes no difference because people (non-photographers) don't care which camera was used to produce a photograph.. they just know what they like when they see it. I've seen Lomo that I liked more than something from my now sold Canon 5D MKII. It's not just about sharpness or even the lack thereof.. it's about the image and how it speaks to people, nothing more.... but you are right... that's another discussion for another segment of the forum.

01-22-2013, 05:01 PM   #143
Veteran Member

If you don't sharpen your photo you're missing somthing
As for time saver... photos i import in lightroom already are getting "capture sharpened" automaticly so it does not cost me any time.
Seriously, who gives a hoot what your opinion or need for a comparison with other cameras, particularly with regards to image sharpening or workflow. Many K-5IIs owners find that they don't need to further sharpen K-5IIs images during post production, which is definitely a big plus time saver and simplifies work flow.

The rest of the sharpening i do is also need for the S version, but since i mostly do fashion it would be a pain with the clothing and moire...
Moire... Perhaps you should comment when you do actually have the K-5IIs. FYI even regular cameras can exhibit moire, which can be easily be managed in post production.
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #144
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mrmeng Quote
Pentax K-5 IIs with Sigma 10-20mm F3.5

more pics in my blog
Nice! I like how the flowers are done up in PP.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim Radcliffe Quote
Here's a few from the last two weeks... picked up the K5 IIs recently and have been enjoying using it. These shots were taken with the DA* 50-135mm and the DA 35mm. I have found the photographs from the K5 IIs to be better than those from my original K5.. which is for sale at this time.

I have some thoughts and more photos at my website located at: Pentax K5 IIs Photography by Jim Radcliffe

Glad to see that you've got a K5IIs.
Very beautiful photos too.
01-22-2013, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #145
Forum Member

01-23-2013, 01:09 AM   #146

01-23-2013, 01:35 AM - 2 Likes   #147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It isn't hard to get beautiful tone and colour from the SMCP-K 50mm f/1.2

Pentax K5IIs - Pentax SMC 50mm f/1.2 - 1/1250 f/1.2 @ ISO 80 - 11mm extension tube used.
01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #148
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbulb Quote
can you give some shot details on this one? EXIF etc?
01-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Global Kitchen Knives in the knife block

01-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #150
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My o my... even kitchen knives look like art! That's skill!