Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
07-16-2015, 10:54 AM   #1171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice recovery. It makes this little raccoon older

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I mentioned the wings to them and they said they love wings! Hot wings and BBQ honey wings are their favorites!
I must say that I prefer the drumsticks, there is more meat

07-17-2015, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #1172
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some portraits with the K5IIs. If you look closely you can spot me there also

07-17-2015, 10:45 AM   #1173
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wonderful shots Hattinatt ! Number two is gorgeous ! What lens did you use ?
07-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #1174
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Wonderful shots Hattinatt ! Number two is gorgeous ! What lens did you use ?
Thank you. Lens was Sigma 35mm f1.4.

07-17-2015, 12:16 PM   #1175
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep...... I like all those....#3 is my favorite, but they are all fine. Some nice work!

Regards!
07-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #1176
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Some portraits with the K5IIs. If you look closely you can spot me there also

Very nice shots. I like #2 and #4 the best.
07-18-2015, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #1177
Veteran Member

There are dozens of Cardinals here in the Woods of Otis, they stay here year around and never wander off. Plenty of food and water and generation after generation reside here.
Here is a ritual I see with the young many times every year.

Daddy, teach me what to eat, I'm so hungry!

Sure young lady, try these tiny seeds, they are delicious!

The little female is all splotchy now, but by the end of the year she will look like her Mama!

What do you think about that Otis?

"I think it was a waste of good time on some worthless birdies....you did ask! "

Regards!

07-18-2015, 07:05 PM   #1178
Pentaxian

There are dozens of Cardinals here in the Woods of Otis, they stay here year around and never wander off. Plenty of food and water and generation after generation reside here.
Here is a ritual I see with the young many times every year.

Daddy, teach me what to eat, I'm so hungry!

Sure young lady, try these tiny seeds, they are delicious!

The little female is all splotchy now, but by the end of the year she will look like her Mama!

What do you think about that Otis?

"I think it was a waste of good time on some worthless birdies....you did ask! "

Regards!

Nice shots, Rupert. Cardinals are my favorite birds. We've had quite a few youngin's around here as well.
07-19-2015, 02:28 AM   #1179
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep...... I like all those....#3 is my favorite, but they are all fine. Some nice work!
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Very nice shots. I like #2 and #4 the best.
Thank you both. I had to come up with my own version of squirrels for this thread Now if only I would have a cheater branch...
07-19-2015, 02:46 AM   #1180
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots Rupert ! So lovely !
07-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #1181
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Nice shots Rupert ! So lovely !
Thanks FS! Otis says you were referring to his handsome face and were only being kind to the birds that "just wasted space".

Regards!
07-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #1182
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Otis says you were referring to his handsome face and were only being kind to the birds that "just wasted space".
Of course !
07-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #1183
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Now if only I would have a cheater branch...
You would love one...easy to build in a few minutes and fun to use! If you do...I'll send you a few squirrels to sit on it for your shooting pleasure!

This morning the Daddy Cardinal is still training his little girly bird on what to eat....

She is learning to go off on her own and find her own meals.....in a few months she won't be this "splotchy" looking.

Old Woody has no problem finding food...he just pecks away until something turns up!

Otis wanted...demanded actually...to be allowed to say a few words here.....Go ahead Otis, the keyboard is all yours....keep it short, if you can.

"Friends, excellent shooters, and loyal posters here at PF, if you are like me you have about had your fill of worthless birdie shots being posted in this fine thread of mostly great shots as well as a nice mix of very handsome squirrels....including myself, of course. I am urging you to hold any comments on worthless bird shots and maybe old Rupert will give up and stop the nonsense of posting them? We can give it a try! Furthermore, what is interesting about a young stupid bird that doesn't know how to eat and has to have help from a parent to "get started"? Young squirrels are born knowing how to eat and in fact eat their way out of the squirrel nest in no time at all, and eat everything in sight all the way down their first trip out of the nest and then everything they run across at bird-feeder level. They don't need any help or training, no parents have to waste time "training" them...that is ridiculous and only a bird brain would require such assistance! This idea that you have to train a child to eat is just a disgusting display of bird ignorance and why no one should ever waste their time shooting or viewing them. Worthless and disgusting...and they eat too much too..things that handsome squirrels could be eating, like bird seed and sunflower seed. Some of those damn Jays even eat bunches of our roasted peanuts....that is truly disgusting! As for that aerial jackhammer-head called a Woody, one of those worked over the top of my head once and I was dizzy for hours and had a bald spot for weeks. Another disgusting specimen not worthy of ever being on these pages.
I thank you all for your time, love what you guys post here and hope to get old Rupert banned for life on PF if he keeps on with filth he calls bird shots. If you file a complaint every time he posts a bird shot instead of a handsome squirrel, we can work together and have him out of here in no time!"

Best Regards
Your Pal-Otis Squirrel
07-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #1184
Pentaxian

You would love one...easy to build in a few minutes and fun to use! If you do...I'll send you a few squirrels to sit on it for your shooting pleasure!

This morning the Daddy Cardinal is still training his little girly bird on what to eat....

She is learning to go off on her own and find her own meals.....in a few months she won't be this "splotchy" looking.

Old Woody has no problem finding food...he just pecks away until something turns up!

Otis wanted...demanded actually...to be allowed to say a few words here.....Go ahead Otis, the keyboard is all yours....keep it short, if you can.

"Friends, excellent shooters, and loyal posters here at PF, if you are like me you have about had your fill of worthless birdie shots being posted in this fine thread of mostly great shots as well as a nice mix of very handsome squirrels....including myself, of course. I am urging you to hold any comments on worthless bird shots and maybe old Rupert will give up and stop the nonsense of posting them? We can give it a try! Furthermore, what is interesting about a young stupid bird that doesn't know how to eat and has to have help from a parent to "get started"? Young squirrels are born knowing how to eat and in fact eat their way out of the squirrel nest in no time at all, and eat everything in sight all the way down their first trip out of the nest and then everything they run across at bird-feeder level. They don't need any help or training, no parents have to waste time "training" them...that is ridiculous and only a bird brain would require such assistance! This idea that you have to train a child to eat is just a disgusting display of bird ignorance and why no one should ever waste their time shooting or viewing them. Worthless and disgusting...and they eat too much too..things that handsome squirrels could be eating, like bird seed and sunflower seed. Some of those damn Jays even eat bunches of our roasted peanuts....that is truly disgusting! As for that aerial jackhammer-head called a Woody, one of those worked over the top of my head once and I was dizzy for hours and had a bald spot for weeks. Another disgusting specimen not worthy of ever being on these pages.
I thank you all for your time, love what you guys post here and hope to get old Rupert banned for life on PF if he keeps on with filth he calls bird shots. If you file a complaint every time he posts a bird shot instead of a handsome squirrel, we can work together and have him out of here in no time!"

Best Regards
Your Pal-Otis Squirrel
Sorry, Otis. I'm liking these worthless birdie shots.
07-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #1185
Veteran Member

Took a shot of an old wreck before it disappears. She will be removed at the end of the month.