Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #1186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dtmateojr Quote
Took a shot of an old wreck before it disappears. She will be removed at the end of the month.
Well done.

07-20-2015, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #1187
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
"Friends, excellent shooters, and loyal posters here at PF, if you are like me you have about had your fill of worthless birdie shots being posted in this fine thread of mostly great shots as well as a nice mix of very handsome squirrels....including myself, of course. I am urging you to hold any comments on worthless bird shots and maybe old Rupert will give up and stop the nonsense of posting them? We can give it a try! Furthermore, what is interesting about a young stupid bird that doesn't know how to eat and has to have help from a parent to "get started"? Young squirrels are born knowing how to eat and in fact eat their way out of the squirrel nest in no time at all, and eat everything in sight all the way down their first trip out of the nest and then everything they run across at bird-feeder level. They don't need any help or training, no parents have to waste time "training" them...that is ridiculous and only a bird brain would require such assistance! This idea that you have to train a child to eat is just a disgusting display of bird ignorance and why no one should ever waste their time shooting or viewing them. Worthless and disgusting...and they eat too much too..things that handsome squirrels could be eating, like bird seed and sunflower seed. Some of those damn Jays even eat bunches of our roasted peanuts....that is truly disgusting! As for that aerial jackhammer-head called a Woody, one of those worked over the top of my head once and I was dizzy for hours and had a bald spot for weeks. Another disgusting specimen not worthy of ever being on these pages.
I thank you all for your time, love what you guys post here and hope to get old Rupert banned for life on PF if he keeps on with filth he calls bird shots. If you file a complaint every time he posts a bird shot instead of a handsome squirrel, we can work together and have him out of here in no time!"

Best Regards
Your Pal-Otis Squirrel
Otis, if you, handsome squirrels, had such lovely colours, why not stop shooting lovely birdies, but this is not the case, so we continue to feed them and shoot them...

Click on the photos for details...

07-20-2015, 08:39 AM   #1188
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those are some of your best FS, very nice work...in particular those pink blooms and the onions or garlic? All fantastic shots!

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Otis, if you, handsome squirrels, had such lovely colours, why not stop shooting lovely birdies, but this is not the case, so we continue to feed them and shoot them...
However, Otis says your statement here is pure nonsense and he can prove it!
View Picture EXIF
Name:  Colored Squirrel.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  234.8 KB

Regards!
07-20-2015, 10:37 AM   #1189
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those are some of your best FS, very nice work...in particular those pink blooms and the onions or garlic? All fantastic shots!
Thank you. Yes garlic.
Oh what a wonderful bird ! Does it eat sunflower seeds ?

07-20-2015, 10:44 AM   #1190
Veteran Member

Oh what a wonderful bird ! Does it eat sunflower seeds ?
Yes, by the bushel basket full! Unfortunately it is not all that good at flying!

Regards!

Loved the processing on the garlic!
07-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #1191
Veteran Member

A couple of late evening shots at ISO 6400 with the Bigma. Nothing to brag about but I did like the poses.

Mama raccoon shot using the Hitachi flashlight. She left her babies at home tonight, I think she is fed up with their antics and wanted a little private time to herself tonight.

No squirrels today, none would pose...they are all mad about the birdie shots. They'll get over it when they get hungry and realize I have all the food!

Regards!
07-20-2015, 11:57 PM   #1192
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately it is not all that good at flying!
Some do

A couple of late evening shots at ISO 6400 with the Bigma. Nothing to brag about but I did like the poses.
Excellent shots !

07-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #1193
Pentaxian

Click on the photos for details...

Great shots. Love the Fisher Boats.

---------- Post added 07-21-15 at 08:46 AM ----------

Attachment 275943

Regards!
Otis needs to work on his fur coloring skills.
07-21-2015, 06:05 AM   #1194
Veteran Member

Excellent shots !
Not really FS, but I thank you anyhow. ISO 6400 is tough to shoot but at least it does get you a shot if you are anxious to get something! Otis really can fly...he goes to the Caribbean every February for two weeks to avoid the cold weather here....he flies First Class on American Airlines.

QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
Otis needs to work on his fur coloring skills.
Otis asks if you think you could do better if you were a squirrel?

I got some troubling news this morning...Otis just took this test and was proud to show me his results.......he had a perfect score of 40 points.
20 Signs That You Are A Psychopath - Business Insider

I always suspected it, but it is sort of chilling to see it on paper. I knew I kept my doors locked for a good reason.

Regards! Lookin' forward to what you guys will post today!
07-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #1195
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you th1952 !
07-21-2015, 07:10 AM   #1196
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lunch Buffet

K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-F 35-105mm f4-5.6
07-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #1197
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Lunch Buffet
I like it! Love the color of that contrasting water too!

Posing for peanuts! They are like squirrels, they will do anything for peanuts.

BTW- For those of you using Flickr, their editing program, though simple,is pretty decent for a quick and easy fix of minor problems. Just take any photo you have posted there and give it a shot. You can save a new version along with the original so you can compare. Handy for a quick fix!

When I got that one posted on Flickr it was a little dark.....a click or two in their editor brightened it up.

Original

Regards!
07-21-2015, 06:03 PM   #1198
Veteran Member

Another Jay....they do come often for those peanuts!

Woody comes for the sunflower seeds, he prefers them over peanuts.

That's it for me today.....nothing spectacular, but fun anyhow!

Regards!
07-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #1199
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Lunch Buffet

K-5IIs, SMC Pentax-F 35-105mm f4-5.6
THat is a great shot.

---------- Post added 07-21-15 at 09:08 PM ----------

I like it! Love the color of that contrasting water too!

Posing for peanuts! They are like squirrels, they will do anything for peanuts.

BTW- For those of you using Flickr, their editing program, though simple,is pretty decent for a quick and easy fix of minor problems. Just take any photo you have posted there and give it a shot. You can save a new version along with the original so you can compare. Handy for a quick fix!

When I got that one posted on Flickr it was a little dark.....a click or two in their editor brightened it up.

Original

Regards!
Nice pics, Rupert. Thanks for the tip in regards to Flickr.
07-22-2015, 01:18 AM   #1200
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot dakight !

Nice shots Rupert ! Love the woody !