Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
11-07-2015, 10:27 AM   #1591
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
FS, great shot.
Rupert, fantastic crow, the second has great texture.

I threw my back out a couple of weeks ago (Slipped a disc), so no photographs atm.
It's also getting darker here, so only night shots from now on when weather permits.

Time to go through the saved RAW files and see what I can salvage from the previous 12 months

Cheers

Leon
Thanks Leon......take care of the back and post what you can when you can, we'll still be here!

Regards!

11-09-2015, 01:05 AM - 1 Like   #1592
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Rupert and Leon !

Superb crow shots ! Don't show Otis Hitchcock's The Birds film

Click on the photos for details...

11-09-2015, 03:21 AM - 1 Like   #1593

Photos: Albums
FS,
Love the butterflies, and the blood moon.
I have been very impressed with the 18-35 shots you (and your K5 IIs) are producing, asked our local camera store about the Sigma 18-35 F1.8 DC HSM Art... my jaw hit the floor when he told me the price to buy one in (there is no stock in Scandinavia) the sales guy there said they will have to import from Sigma US or EU.

Rupert, FS is correct, he'll go Hitchcock on them

Cheers and Thanks

Leon

Last edited by Ravenspurn; 11-09-2015 at 07:49 AM. Reason: added images
11-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #1594
Veteran Member

#2-4-6-9-11....all my favorites. # 2 is a masterpiece, just superb! Can't get much better than that!
I'm not a big moon fan....those are nice, but the moon is of little interest to me...I don't plan on ever visiting either.

Shame on you guys for wanting to taunt Otis.......after all he does for the little blind orphan squirrels. Just moments ago Otis was out there in the chilly morning air harvesting peanuts for the little orphans. What a guy, that Otis!

Regards!

Leon...Nice shots.....are they recent? Sure we would like to have that Sigma Art.....but they are pricey! When Otis' guys locate the one FS owns for me, I will share it with you!

11-09-2015, 09:09 AM   #1595

Photos: Albums
Hi Rupert

They were from a couple of months ago.
I found a few I had not processed.

Nice shot of Otis I need to snap one of the red ones here scurrying from tree to tree, but never have the camera ready when they appear.
Apologies for taunting Otis, but was he not the one running the peanuts for birds scam a while back?

Cheers

Leon
11-09-2015, 10:37 AM   #1596
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Sure we would like to have that Sigma Art.....but they are pricey!
Sigma Art series seems to be outstanding from what I have seen so far. I own the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art and although inconsistent because of back/front focusing, it makes a killer couple with the K5IIs in the right conditions. Some samples below, handheld... I was lucky to get those in acceptable focus from the first try:

11-09-2015, 03:58 PM   #1597
Veteran Member

Nice shot of Otis I need to snap one of the red ones here scurrying from tree to tree, but never have the camera ready when they appear.
Apologies for taunting Otis, but was he not the one running the peanuts for birds scam a while back?
Thanks Leon! Try to get a few squirrel shots...for Otis...it makes him feel important! As for Otis "scams" it's pretty hard to keep up with all of them.

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Some samples below, handheld... I was lucky to get those in acceptable focus from the first try:
Those look really good and in perfect focus. I like the processing too! If I was a more serious shooter, I think I'd get that 18-35 Art...but I'm mostly a long zoom guy so I am content to view what FS posts and more from your 35 mm Art ....so feel free to post them, we will enjoy!

Regards!

11-10-2015, 02:10 AM   #1598
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Leon, Rupert and Hattifnatt !

the sales guy there said they will have to import from Sigma US or EU.
So can you, for less ! ($799 Adorama & B&H)
Superb auroras !

Superb shots Hattifnatt !

Last edited by fs999; 11-10-2015 at 08:38 AM.
11-10-2015, 07:12 AM   #1599
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you Leon, Rupert and Hattifnatt !
You are welcome FS! We all enjoy your fine work here!

In my morning "reprimand"...which I get daily from Otis, in his effort to reform me of my deficiencies, this was first on his list today.

"Rupert, you old senile fool...you forgot the damn stamp for FS!"

Sorry FS.....I'll try to do better!

Regards!
11-10-2015, 08:37 AM   #1600
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Rupert, you old senile fool...you forgot the damn stamp for FS!"
This guy is hard
11-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #1601
Veteran Member

This guy is hard
Yep, it gets tough around here at times!...then after Otis gets through with me I have to deal with Mrs Rupert......Otis is an amateur compared to Mrs Rupert!

Squirrels have their own Convenience Store here.....it's called...

Grab....

...and Go!

Regards!
11-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #1602
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Those look really good and in perfect focus. I like the processing too! If I was a more serious shooter, I think I'd get that 18-35 Art...but I'm mostly a long zoom guy so I am content to view what FS posts and more from your 35 mm Art ....so feel free to post them, we will enjoy!

Regards!
Thank you. Yeah FS's photos are always nice and seem to have something distinctive. On the other hand, you do pretty well with zooms and your squirrels

---------- Post added 10th Nov 2015 at 20:22 ----------

Superb shots Hattifnatt !
Thanks!
11-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #1603
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
On the other hand, you do pretty well with zooms and your squirrels
Thanks again.....my squirrel shots lack the quality I see from many others here, but they are still fun to shoot. I would love to have better light to where I could shoot down around ISO 400, but it is rare with all the trees.

What are your favorite subjects for shooting? I used to try an assortment but have pretty much cut back to long zoom shooting. I have some decent lenses for macro and shorter ranges but seldom use them nowadays.

I really enjoy looking at what others post and am constantly amazed at what I see around here. Very interesting stuff and enjoyable viewing.

Regards!
11-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #1604
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What are your favorite subjects for shooting? I used to try an assortment but have pretty much cut back to long zoom shooting. I have some decent lenses for macro and shorter ranges but seldom use them nowadays.
My favorite subjects for shooting are bland everyday landscapes, either in the morning or at sunset. I pretty much don't like tourist attractions and spectacular landscapes but instead I tend to go for the simple stuff, like the picture below (DA15 Ltd on a K5IIs):

If I can get something like this I'm happy. If not, I pretty much shoot everything I can find, street photography, flowers, girls and even tried some nudes.
11-10-2015, 02:23 PM   #1605
Veteran Member

That's a nice peaceful and beautiful scene. Calming...I like that, I need to keep my blood pressure low! I seem to be in a long zoom rut, excepting what I shoot with my Toy Cameras X10/X20. They are reserved for most of what I shoot without the K5IIs and Bigma.

I do get tired of the same old squirrels and birds, but they are here, just outside my windows...so I shoot them! I do need to get out and about more with my cameras.

Regards!