Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Wonderful shots Rupert !
QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Love the bokeh Doves Rupert.
Really impressive.
Thank you FS! Thank you Leon! I liked those myself, but they pale in comparison to the handsomeness of Otis!

Otis is in mourning over the loss of one of his Army Squirrels this afternoon to a wicked hawk.......you can bet that hawk will pay a price, his offspring will never live to get out of their eggshells.

Regards!
12-18-2015, 06:21 PM   #1714

Photos: Albums
My condolences to his lordship.
But it is a great shot.

cheers

Leon

12-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #1715
Veteran Member

My condolences to his lordship.
Otis thanks you!

But it is a great shot.
I thank you!...but the credit all goes to Otis for being so damn handsome!

There will be a Memorial Service on Sunday for the Army Squirrel that was brutally murdered by that hawk. You guys are all invited by Otis......admission is $12 US......with all proceeds going to the little blind orphan squirrels...and Otis' winter trip to the Caribbean.

Regards!
12-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #1716
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thank you FS! Thank you Leon! I liked those myself, but they pale in comparison to the handsomeness of Otis!

Otis is in mourning over the loss of one of his Army Squirrels this afternoon to a wicked hawk.......you can bet that hawk will pay a price, his offspring will never live to get out of their eggshells.

Regards!
Beautiful shot, Rupert! I've been missing in action for a while. Actual busy-ness, though real enough, was less a problem than the mentality of busy-ness, which really got the upper hand in the last few months. I can't remember the last time I went out with my camera. I'm hoping the holidays will give me a chance to return to our beloved hobby. All the nephews and nieces I'll be visiting should help.

---------- Post added 12-19-15 at 12:40 PM ----------

Nice shots Rupert ! Lovely Otis !

Nice looking poodle Leon !

nice shots shybovycha !

Clck on the photos for details...

FS, if I had to think of an original way of praising another set of ravishing photos, I'd be stumped. Fortunately I don't.
12-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #1717
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Beautiful shot, Rupert! I've been missing in action for a while.
Thanks! Otis is a handsome devil!

Come on back, we miss you! Post what you get.....that's what I do...anything is better than nothing!

Regards!

12-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #1718
Veteran Member

Otis is so proud this morning! His crew won the Peanut war with the Jays 24 to Zero! It was that powerful "carrying power" that gave them the win!
He was so proud of them he only kept 18 0f the 24 peanuts for himself!

This little Cardinal was lookin' on and said....."Damn! I wish I could do that!"

Regards!
12-20-2015, 12:43 PM   #1719

Nice shot of Otis, glad to hear that he has recovered from the memorial and the assassination of one of his underlings
Great Cardinal Shot

Cheers

Leon
12-20-2015, 02:36 PM   #1720
Veteran Member

Thanks Leon!

Yep, Otis has already contributed to reproducing over a hundred new squirrels in the past day to make up for the loss of that poor little victim.

He's been a busy boy......it takes real nuts to propagate that kind of result...but we all know Otis has what it takes!

An old shot of Otis' daddy, Festus Squirrel....he had what it takes too!

Otis' offspring seem to be in the same mold........

Regards!
12-20-2015, 03:15 PM   #1721
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Thanks! Otis is a handsome devil!

Come on back, we miss you! Post what you get.....that's what I do...anything is better than nothing!

Regards!
Thanks for the excellent advice, Rupert (and that shot of Otis grabbing all the peanuts for himself!). Here is a random duck. Yesterday when I took a camera with me (the diminutive Q) for the first time in ages I was rewarded with this sight.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/43...ml#post3465574
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
12-20-2015, 09:37 PM   #1722
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These two guys expressed an interest in being photographed as we waited in the cold for the streetcar, which gave me a chance to test my A 1.2 50 in low light.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
12-21-2015, 03:32 AM   #1723

Great shots jva,

Love the street shot, wish I could go out and do that here (Too cold atm)
I should take the IIs out today and have a play in the snow, Sunrise is around 10:00, Sunset is around 2.5 hours after that, so not that much light to work with.

Rupert, I can only say... Damn!! Busy little boy then? You can see the family resemblance

Looking at purchasing a DA* 50-135.
But at €1100 ($1200) for a lens that can be purchased new for under $800 in the US. There is such a huge disparity in prices between Europe and USA,
especially Scandinavia and our insane import duties, and a VAT rate of 25%. Buying the same from B&H ($746) would be a tad over $1250 including import duty, VAT and shipping.
I received an email from a local-ish company, K3 II + DA-L 18-55 + DA* 50-135 €1600... Only thing is that I love the IIs too much Decisions, decisions.

Cheers

Leon

Last edited by Ravenspurn; 12-21-2015 at 03:46 AM.
12-21-2015, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #1724
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots Rupert ! I thought Otis' Army was infinite
FS, if I had to think of an original way of praising another set of ravishing photos, I'd be stumped. Fortunately I don't.
Thank you ! Nice low light shot !

Click on the photos for details...

12-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #1725
Veteran Member

These two guys expressed an interest in being photographed as we waited in the cold for the streetcar, which gave me a chance to test my A 1.2 50 in low light.
Great street shot JVA...loved the duckie too, but in particular that shot of the two guys! Nice shooting! You should do more like that!

Click on the photos for details...
#5-6-7-8-9-& 12 are favorites in this batch....but #10 is stunning! As fine as they are......the winner is #11...you have him trained! Even Otis admired that shot, though I reminded him it is a birdie! Just very excellent shooting all around! We couldn't survive here without you!

Busy! Busy! around here this week...right before Christmas. I got off a couple of shots today...barely.

The first two are pretty noisy...light was very bad...but I did love the poses! She's a cutie!

These are a couple of my better doves I got today...love the Bigma bokeh on these!

No squirrels today...they are all on strike due to the Jays getting most of the peanuts every morning and are demanding that I put out "Jay Traps" and ship them all to Siberia to be put in concentration camps.
I put out peanuts every morning, and Jays are there waiting.....fat lazy squirrels often sleep in until 10AM then complain...I don't feel sorry for them.

Regards!