Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2772 Likes Search this Thread
12-23-2015, 12:31 AM   #1726
bvg
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Thanks for the excellent advice, Rupert (and that shot of Otis grabbing all the peanuts for himself!). Here is a random duck. Yesterday when I took a camera with me (the diminutive Q) for the first time in ages I was rewarded with this sight.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/43...ml#post3465574
Is that a camouflaged eagle?

12-23-2015, 12:55 AM - 1 Like   #1727
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thank you Rupert ! Nice little birdie and dove you have ! Jays are more intelligent than squirrels

Click on the photos for details...

12-23-2015, 05:47 AM   #1728
Veteran Member

I've been lurking lately. I'm subscribed to the thread but haven't have the time and energy to dive in. You all are posting some good stuff and the ongoing saga of Otis and his minions and adversaries is always entertaining. This past weekend I drove out to the Superstition Mountains about an hour's drive east. There's some spectacular scenery out there.

and in black and white

K-5IIs, HD Pentax-DA 15mm f4 ED AL Limited
12-23-2015, 10:20 AM   #1729
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I've been lurking lately. I'm subscribed to the thread but haven't have the time and energy to dive in. You all are posting some good stuff and the ongoing saga of Otis and his minions and adversaries is always entertaining. This past weekend I drove out to the Superstition Mountains about an hour's drive east. There's some spectacular scenery out there.

and in black and white

K-5IIs, HD Pentax-DA 15mm f4 ED AL Limited
Fine shots, dakight!

---------- Post added 12-23-15 at 12:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Great street shot JVA...loved the duckie too, but in particular that shot of the two guys! Nice shooting! You should do more like that!

#5-6-7-8-9-& 12 are favorites in this batch....but #10 is stunning! As fine as they are......the winner is #11...you have him trained! Even Otis admired that shot, though I reminded him it is a birdie! Just very excellent shooting all around! We couldn't survive here without you!

Busy! Busy! around here this week...right before Christmas. I got off a couple of shots today...barely.

The first two are pretty noisy...light was very bad...but I did love the poses! She's a cutie!

These are a couple of my better doves I got today...love the Bigma bokeh on these!

No squirrels today...they are all on strike due to the Jays getting most of the peanuts every morning and are demanding that I put out "Jay Traps" and ship them all to Siberia to be put in concentration camps.
I put out peanuts every morning, and Jays are there waiting.....fat lazy squirrels often sleep in until 10AM then complain...I don't feel sorry for them.

Regards!
Enchanting birds, Rupert, & many thanks for kind words, leaving today to visit family in Rhode Island, where there should be opportunities to photograph my photogenic nephews and nieces and perhaps a a lighthouse. And spot on about Frederic's latest batch--the stamp should come in handy. My ability to come up with praise equal to FS's work is running dry.

Best holiday wishes to all.

---------- Post added 12-23-15 at 12:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bvg Quote
Is that a camouflaged eagle?
I was completely taken in

12-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #1730
Forum Member

Keti the little Shih Tzu of my daughter, lens 60-250 + Metz 44AF1 + Rogue flashbender&diffuser.

Merry Chirstmas to All.

Toni

---------- Post added 12-24-15 at 12:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Thank you Rupert ! Nice little birdie and dove you have ! Jays are more intelligent than squirrels

Click on the photos for details...

I like a lot your wonderful photos, what kind of lens produce this beatiful bokeh. I am curious about your technique. Sorry but I am not an expert.My congratulations.
Attached Images

Last edited by Toni60; 12-24-2015 at 11:49 AM.
12-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #1731
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
This past weekend I drove out to the Superstition Mountains about an hour's drive east. There's some spectacular scenery out there.
Nice shot! Been there a few times and it does have some gorgeous views....and all that gold....if you can find it!

Enchanting birds, Rupert,
Thanks JVA! Be safe on your trip and enjoy your family!

QuoteOriginally posted by Toni60 Quote
Keti the little Shih Tzu of my daughter
Nice portrait of a cute little guy!

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Otis says after all he has done for you, you insult his superior intelligence? Everyone knows Otis is a Big Brain Thinker!

Excellent shots.....#3-4-5-11 are my favs...but I do love those little birdie shots too....Otis asks...."Reckon that little birdie is smarter than FS?"

Squirrels won this morning......I waited until they woke up at about 10:30 AM.....they need their beauty sleep, you know. They beat out the Jays 24 to Zero!

It takes skills to get at some of them....Otis called a "miner" squirrel to dig this one out.

Doesn't it look delicious!

Makes his little mouth water!

What's even better? Two at once!

Regards!

Had to go to the office supply and get Otis more ink for his stamp....It is peanut flavored and one of the squirrels licked the ink pad dry.....but here it is for you FS!

12-24-2015, 06:39 PM   #1732
Veteran Member

Christmas eve here...and I put out the evening peanuts.

This Jay was fast to go at them...you can see one is left....

Otis spotted it...he has a good eye!

He was so proud to beat the Jays to it! Grinning from ear to ear!

A dejected Jay...defeated again by mighty squirrels with big brains!

Regards! Merry Christmas guys!

12-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #1733
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Christmas eve here...and I put out the evening peanuts.

This Jay was fast to go at them...you can see one is left....

Otis spotted it...he has a good eye!

He was so proud to beat the Jays to it! Grinning from ear to ear!

A dejected Jay...defeated again by mighty squirrels with big brains!

Regards! Merry Christmas guys!
Nice ones! Merry Christmas from Rhode Island.
12-25-2015, 08:49 AM   #1734
Veteran Member

Nice ones! Merry Christmas from Rhode Island.
Back to you JVA.....Hope you have a great day!

Haven't seen FS back over here since he made that rude comment about Jays being smarter than squirrels. I guess Otis shamed him into regret that he said such an awful thing?

Anyhow, Otis being a kindly squirrel....sort of.....still wishes FS a most Merry Christmas and offers his forgiveness to FS.....this time! Next time, if there is one, he says his Army will burn down FS' house!

Merry Christmas to all the fine posters in this great thread! We can look forward to a new year of great K5IIs photos and some squirrely fun too!

Our Christmas is all over and done.....most of the family Christmas was two weeks ago at my youngest son's place in San Antone.....the extended family was all there and it was wonderful....about 25 family members with great food and fun times!

Here is the leader of my wonderful family, the matriarch, my 89 year old Mom! Shot with a Toy Camera x10

Today me and Mrs Rupert will relax and take a little road trip in the little Audi TT and enjoy each other after a hectic past few weeks! Hope you all find time to take a breather too!

Merry Christmas!
12-25-2015, 10:53 AM   #1735
Forum Member

It is Kiwi.
Regards, Toni.

Last edited by Toni60; 07-09-2017 at 09:08 AM.
12-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #1736
Forum Member

Two flowers, thanks for looking.
Toni

Last edited by Toni60; 07-09-2017 at 09:08 AM.
12-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #1737
Forum Member

My daughter and Keti.
Toni

Last edited by Toni60; 06-18-2017 at 09:13 AM.
12-26-2015, 05:42 PM   #1738

Wonderful pictures everyone.
FS, love the lot
Dakight, fantastic scenery and geology.
Rupert, love the birdies, the low light ones are impressive. The squirrels are amazing.
Toni, love the picture of keti on the bed.

Have nothing new, have been laying low recently.

Cheers

Leon
12-26-2015, 09:05 PM   #1739
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ravenspurn Quote
Rupert, love the birdies, the low light ones are impressive. The squirrels are amazing.
Thanks Leon...Otis appreciated the part about squirrels being amazing......and offers you this Otis Award for your insight.

Presented to Leon by Otis Squirrel for recognition of Squirrel Amazement 12/26/2015 (Save this...it has cash value...so Otis says?)

More amazement from Otis on the Cheater Branch this morning.....

He has a message for FS, who has not been back here since Otis rebuked him for his ugly comment about "dumb squirrels"....

"Hey FS.....if you can balance on this Cheater Branch like I do, then I will agree that those Jays are smarter than squirrels....are you ready to give it a try?"

Regards!
12-27-2015, 08:21 AM   #1740
Veteran Member

After near 80F for the past week, we woke up to 42F wet and cold today. I guess winter has finally arrived in Texas.

Just picked up my camera this morning....set at ISO 800 1/200...all a wrong for the darkness. Pushed it in processing 2 stops.....still not the best, but it does show the ugly wet cold.

For the next couple of months I'll be looking forward to Spring!

Regards!

Still wet,cold and dark...but I got a little better shot....

Last edited by Rupert; 12-27-2015 at 09:30 AM.