Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2012, 01:23 PM   #1

Pentax K-5 flash slow-speed sync with Pentax-A lens

Has anyone else noticed an issue when using Pentax-A type lenses on the K-5 where the shutter will not go below 1/180s in Av mode with the built in flash using Slow-speed sync?

Using "DA" type lenses the shutter properly adjusts down slower than 1/180s in Av mode.

Nothing in the owner guide suggests the Pentax-A lenses should limit functionality with the K-5 in Av mode.

The Pentax-A lens with the K-5 in Manual exposure mode works fine. Metering is correct for a given scenario just as with my DA lenses. I normally use manual exposure anyway, but I do find Av with slow-speed flash sync very handy for indoor snapshots.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this issue.

Thanks.

12-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K-5 IIs does the same.

With the FA 77mm in Av mode I get a slow shutter speed as expected.

With the A 24mm lens in Av mode the result is 1/180s shutter speed.

Both lenses have the aperture ring on "A".

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
av, camera, dslr, flash, flash slow-speed sync, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, lenses, pentax k-5, pentax-a, sync