Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DSims Quote
Have you determined whether the clicks are in the original recording? This cable would be the best way to determine this, I think, since no software is involved outside of the camera's firmware. For that matter, are you running the latest firmware? With no audio samples and a minimal description, as well as no knowledge of your application or goal, it's difficult to give constructive help.
The clicks are not there in the original recording. But as soon as the recordings are touched (to convert them to a playable format, or to get them on to youtube, or whatever) there are clicks in it.

01-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
The clicks are not there in the original recording. But as soon as the recordings are touched (to convert them to a playable format, or to get them on to youtube, or whatever) there are clicks in it.
Interesting. Adam and some others seem to be more familiar with this problem, and he suggests using better software. Hopefully Sony Movie Studio HD will work for you too (no need for the more expensive Vegas version). I never tried most of the other software, because I started with a significant project and needed to be productive right away.
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sadatoni Quote
I'll have to check what I used to convert a video to upload to youtube. Several that I tried inserted that click, but one did not. I'm thinking it was windows movie maker that worked for me, but I could be wrong. I'll know when I get home from work.

John
We have a winner! Ready to try anything, I immediately downloaded Windows Movie Maker, and tried the conversion again. Presto: no clicking at all and I can play the files on my TV.

Who would have thought, after all the programs I tried, including Adobe Premiere, that Microsoft would nail it?

Thanks everyone!
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome! I've tried movie maker before, but with XP's version I couldn't do better than 640x480, so I stuck with PS. It does kinda suck that the videos can't be used immediately, but I guess a semi pro dslr wasn't intended for "point and shoot" style videos

01-03-2013, 06:11 AM   #20
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Drats, forgot to check last night what I use. But, evidently it was what I thought since it worked for you.
07-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #21

Video Clicks

I get the clicks on uploaded Youtube videos I make with my K-r as well. I don't get the clicks when running to my computer. The click issue is also noted on a few review sites too. It's ridiculous that this happens. It's ridiculous that one has rerun the video into a different format to get rid of the clicks. There is no reason for it and there should be a firmware fix for it. Youtube is the most common way to share videos today and the fact that you get this problem is just stupid.
07-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Actually the fault is somewhat with Youtube for not reading the timings correctly, not sure how obscure Pentax methods are though...

07-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #23

Anvh: I think the fault is really all Pentax as the same problem occurs in my Vimeo posted videos too. I've tried a number of times to get Pentax CS to respond about this issue and have never been able to get them to comment.
07-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I've the problem with some video players but not all video players, care to explain how that comes?
11-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #25

SOLVED!! At least for me

I had used Windows Movie Maker a few times, but I was never very satisfied with the level of control available and I wanted to use VSDC Video Editor. The clicks were driving me nuts... However, I just discovered that you can use VLC media player to extract audio tracks from video files, and I managed to get it to export a .flac file. I loaded that into Audacity to play around with levels and things, then loaded it back in to VSDC and everything's absolutely fine now :-D

---------- Post added 11-18-2014 at 11:46 PM ----------

In fact, VLC has a host of conversion options - it might be possible to use it to make a video conversion without the clicks. I'll give it a go and report back