Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Weird white balance issue on my K-5 with flash

Hi Forum,

So I was reading around the forum here about some home made devices used to soften/disperse flash, and I tried using a film canister filled with paper. However, was running into a weird white balance issue

Please forgive the other major photography flaws in these images, I was experimenting for flash only :P

I was using auto-WB and the pictures turned out like this

I thought it was a simple white balance issue, so I changed it to tungsten light. But the pictures turned out nearly identical.

But when I went into my K-5 and manually set Tungsten light over top of this picture and saved it, it turned out "normal"

However, going back to shoot in tungsten light produced the tinge of the first image. Am I doing something wrong? Does having the flash up negate the white balance selection? As I tried shooting in with different WB's with the flash down right after and it worked fine.

Any suggestions/input?

Thanks guys!

01-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is a custom function setting which determines which WB will be used in flash mode. I don't have the manual handy so I can't point you to the precise number of the setting.
01-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

It is number 11 in the custom settings menu.
01-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Original Poster
Excellent!

Problem solved. Thanks guys, I didn't even think to look in my menus...