Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-25-2014, 01:42 PM   #121
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Happy Holidays!

an occasion where I actively chose to shoot the K-5 over my more used Canon G15 compact.

In fact I started with the G15 meaning to use it on the wider angle shots and actually had the 50-200 zoom on my K-5 for longer shots -
but the 4:3 aspect ration on the G15 did not go wide enough from where I was to take in all the members of the band -
as it was it was still a tight squeeze with the K-5's 3:2 aspect ratio and slightly wider 18mm (27mm equiv)

It wasn't just the wider angle horizontally - but the quicker and more positive AF -
the venue's lighting was incandescent on the front so the G15 showed no great advantage over the K-5, in that aspect -
of course it helped enormously that the subjects were so attractive -

It was one of those venues that restricted photo access to the first 3 songs only - so after that I shot from back on the balcony - using the 50-200 zoom -
even though it does get the whole stage - to me I don't really like the rather squashed perspective with longer lenses -

Same venue main band, I learnt from the opening band , just to use the K-5.....

balcony shot.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, compensation, dslr, exposure, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k-x, k5, limits, meter, pentax k-5