Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #16

Mike- Which grip did you get exactly?

01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monkeywrencher Quote
Mike- Which grip did you get exactly?
I may have noted the Amazon seller on my online review in the accessories section.
I did keep the box and it has no make nor identifying numbers, etc anywhere. On the top flap of the box it says:
"Professional creates beautiful moment"
I love that!!!
01-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
I may have noted the Amazon seller on my online review in the accessories s
"Professional creates beautiful moment"
I love that!!!

Mike-

Not sure how much confidence that inspires...
01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monkeywrencher Quote
Mike-

Not sure how much confidence that inspires...
Mike is it with plastic or metal pins?

01-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Don't sweat it! The K5 is fine - I have a couple of the third party grips, this is the one that I just retired:

About 70K+ shots on the K5 with this grip, the camera with the grip has been submerged in both freshwater and also chesapeake bay salt water on a number of occasions (see the corrosion on the post), been through torrential downpours and some of the most humid weather here in the states - absolutely no issues with the K5 and no issues with the grip. When your done with the grip, buy a new one - this grip held up well even after the extreme-abuse I put it through.

In short, should you be concerned, no...
01-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
Mike is it with plastic or metal pins?
metal
01-11-2013, 02:20 AM   #22

If you're scared to let you're battery grip&camera get wet, look for a rain sleeve, which covers most of the lenses, had some trouble that it would protect my 70-300MM lens completely. And it works fine as well with a battery grip on your camera. They aren't very expensive, look here for an idea: 2 New Rainsleeve Camera Rain Covers for All Pentax DSLR | eBay .You can use them several times, had bought two myself 2 years ago, and still using one of them for over a year now. But they do need replacement once in a while.
01-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Don't sweat it! The K5 is fine - I have a couple of the third party grips, this is the one that I just retired:

About 70K+ shots on the K5 with this grip, the camera with the grip has been submerged in both freshwater and also chesapeake bay salt water on a number of occasions (see the corrosion on the post), been through torrential downpours and some of the most humid weather here in the states - absolutely no issues with the K5 and no issues with the grip. When your done with the grip, buy a new one - this grip held up well even after the extreme-abuse I put it through.

In short, should you be concerned, no...
Hello Joe Penn Sir, I am a retired Master Mechanic and would appreciate gifting the retired K-5 Grips to me so that I can open them up for study on putting some kind of seals on them. I already have an O'ring manufacturing kit from my days at Terex, the Earth Moving Giant Co. Further some gaskets and rubber bands may be needed, which I have to make / cut by hand.
Please PM me if you are interested in the experiment.
Regards.