Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sort of a possible issue

Good day,

I have a Pentax K5 since March last year. The thing about it is I think it has some problems (software would seem to me) .
The problem (hope it ain' t a real problem) is the following:

Let' s say I take some pictures and shoot. I continue shooting. At some point I start shooting in continuous focus (I usually do it in full manual) , and I want to modify the focusing point (it has 11) . I start to push the necessary button and nothing; after 10 agonizing pushes I already know the problem, it had entered into the menus. To resolve this issue I set the camera to auto choosing the points of focus and then reselect the manual selection and bam, it works!
Is this a hardware issue, a firmware issue or is it in my imagination?
This problem also appears in the form that my focusing point does not appear in the viewfinder even when my shutter button is half- way pushed.

Thank you for any help!

01-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

You must push the OK button first before using the four-way buttons to move the focusing point. If you don't then you enter the menu system instead.

Display of the active focusing point in the view finder can be turned on and off in a custom function. Perhaps it is off?
01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Display of the active focusing point in the view finder can be turned on and off in a custom function. Perhaps it is off?
Good day,

I didn' t even know it was possible. So probably `no` . But thanks for informing me with the OK Button. I will try it as soon as it happens. Annoying dough to have to push another button to be able to do stuff... badly thought Pentax (in my opinion) . This and the fact that my Grip doesn' t have an active second SDHC Card slot in it, it' s the most annoying things Pentax has done to me. But I still love my camera.

Thanks for the help again!
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

the four way indeed has double functions.
first is quick way to go into certain settings and the other is to select focus points.

About bad design... not really just a differnt choice, it wasn't the way with the K20D or K10D, there it was under a seperate Fn button the other functions.
But since many don't use selective focus point i can see them making those Fn options faster avaible to you.

Just a different way you need to get used to.