Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #1

weird review problem...

so it seems that my k5 has a gremlin. Sometimes after taking a picture it won't let me review a picture, and even the info and menu buttons don't do anything. Only way to get it to come back is to put it in live view and then everything works as normal. I initially thought this may have been caused by the low battery, but I swapped it with a fresh one and the problem is still intermittent. Anyone else have this problem or no how to fix it? I normally leave the auto review off, but this problem is quite odd...

01-20-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That isn't what should happen. have you checked your instant review setting on the menu (under the Playback tab)? What happens when you press the play button? Does it come up with the last image? And then does the info button work?
01-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #3

Original Poster
play button doesn't do anything, neither do menu or info. Normally they should each bring up their respective screens. And they do, but intermittently starting today they just decided to not do anything. Very weird.
01-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Have you checked if the camera is writing to the SD card when this happens? I know that when the camera is busy writing to the card (yellow light flashing) you can not see the review or menu.

01-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #5

Original Poster
that's the thing. I've waited a while after its done and it's still being funky. I'm going to try a few different SD cards just in case this one is being particularly slow. will update tomorrow
01-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Saxplayer1004 Quote
that's the thing. I've waited a while after its done and it's still being funky. I'm going to try a few different SD cards just in case this one is being particularly slow. will update tomorrow
Yeah - if there is a problem with writing to the card it really messes things up. Also double check your settings if you are shooting jpeg that you don't have lens correction or HDR set or something like that since that takes a long time to write to the card. Also a corrupted SD card can cause lots of fun!