Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #1

RAW file transfer to tablet in the field

Can anyone help ?

To make life a little easier for me, and not have to take a laptop with me on holidays or on motorsport shoots etc, I'm trying to get my EyeFi card to send RAW DNG files (from a Pentax K5) to my Blackberry PB and/or my Goflex Satellite portable hard drive, using a Huawei Mifi. I was going to view the images on the PB using the Rawvision app. Having spoken with the Rawvision guys however, there appear to be a couple of problems, the most fundamental of which is that the EyeFi card has problems downloading the large RAW files to the PB (there's no problem to my Mac at home).

Do any of you have a solution ? Can the eyefi card send direct to the Goflex Salellite ? Can I link the PB to my K5 using the HDMI route ? Any suggestions ?

01-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am reasonably certain eyefi cards dont transfer RAW, however my Flucard will do it and will also let me upload to any ftp site I choose. What do you propose to do with RAW file on the tablet, as I am also reasonably certain there is no software available to process RAW files AFAIK.

I have the Lenovo Thinkpad Android tablet which is the only tablet that has a full sized SD slot on the tablet with its obvious advantages to photographers. That takes care of the transfer RAW files upload issue, though not the develop RAW files in the field issue. I found the solution to that last problem in the last place I would have looked. Yes, the K5 has a built RAW editor! Very useful feature!
01-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by selar Quote
I am reasonably certain eyefi cards dont transfer RAW,
The pro Eye-Fi cards transfer raw files.

QuoteQuote:
I am also reasonably certain there is no software available to process RAW files AFAIK.
Probably true for most tablets, but not the full Windows (Win 7, Win 8 Pro) tablets. My tablet is a Samsung Series 7 tablet. It has Win 8 Pro (I upgraded from Win 7), a full sized powered USB port, and runs Lightroom 4 without issue. I can use my standard workflow and then connect to my phone's or home's WiFi network to upload to the web. Battery life is around 3 hours for photo editing use.