Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kdre Quote
I received my K-5 (first model) factory sealed and it the first picture that I took increased the shutter count to 1 :-)

Today I got my K-5 IIs and it seems that someone used it already, because it has a shutter count >200. Although it is not correct (IMHO) to sell a camera like this as new, I will keep it if I donīt find problems ...

So, I guess a new K-5 II/IIs should have a shutter count of 0 (or 1 after taking the first picture).

Best wishes,
Klaus
I agree. Even if you buy a brand new camera, there is no way to confirm if it is actually new (as in factory fresh) or not, especially because the box itself is not sealed. If they randomly test a camera, at the factory, I am sure they can reset it back to 0. That will give buyer peace of mind. I have seen K30 (from Buydig) which had shutter count of 1 for the first image.

01-31-2013, 01:45 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote

Where did you purchase it?
In a local shop in germany and they got it from "somewhere", because they organized the camera especially for me...

I think it is used because of three facts:

* Shutter count >200
* The seal was removed and residues of the sticker are visible on the box
* The serial number card is folded and the inside of the box is a little damaged

But this is slightly off topic here :-)

best wishes,
Klaus