Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chromo Quote
For curiosity's sake, I switched the camera to PTP. and the photography computer sees it.
Next, I switched back to MSC and plugged it into two other laptops and two other desktops. Both laptops and the desktops saw the K-5. That's 3 laptops and 2 desktops that work without a hitch when the K-5 is in MSC mode.
Back at the photography computer I did all win 7 updates I could find, then plugged in the camera. Still no go in MSC mode.
I think you can look at the Disk Management in Computer Management, and look at the drive letter assigned to your camera device (in MSC mode). You can then reassign an unassigned letter.

I use MSC mode only for updates, the rest of the time I use PTP mode, it seems to be a little bit faster and my Corel Photo Downloader recognizes the camera.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, computer, drive, dslr, flash, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5, photography, photos