Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2013, 09:38 PM   #1

K-5 IIs stock

Hello!

I'm new in this forum (well, I've been lurking for quite some while..), I just haven't got the 'appropriate' material to post yet.
Until now, I've come to some sort of frustration, regarding on my order on the Pentax K-5 IIs.
I'm from Indonesia, and I've put an order on the camera since the end of January, and until now the store doesn't seem to have a clear answer on my inquiries about the specific date of the arrival of the K-5 IIs.
I just wonder, if anyone have had the same experience, or does anyone know about the 'limited' stock of the camera and the reason for the delays?
I would appreciate any thoughts on this.
Pardon my English, I hope it's understandable. (At least there's nothing wrong on the spell-check. )

Thanks and regards,
Jon

02-16-2013, 01:18 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There was a shortage outside of Japan and the USA some time back but I would have thought that would have been sorted out by now. If your local store can't supply it may be worth your while to buy from one of the sponsor stores on this website as I don't think you'll be paying anymore for it in the long run.
02-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you eaglem.
What makes me even more curious is that most of the stores have the K-5 II (without 's') stock ready. Isn't that against the initial purpose of Pentax's marketing on both cameras? Oh well..
Thanks again, for your suggestion. But I will give more time on waiting the K-5 IIs from our local distributor, since (I think) it will be easier for me, dealing with warranty issues.

Regards,
Jon

Last edited by joni_kemot; 02-16-2013 at 10:31 AM.
02-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think I read somewhere that Pentax management were surprised at how high a percentage of buyers were choosing the "s" version of the k5ii. I know I did....

02-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #5

Original Poster
Well, that's good for you vagrant10.
And if that's the actual case, then needless to say that Pentax will have to re-assess their supply and demand, won't they?