Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #16

Original Poster
but with all this here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/216442-exposure-creative-progr...pth-field.html

and thats the problem why many of my pictures are to blue .. not the white-balance .. the auto-programm-settings are bullshit .. i'm realy angry about .. but now on manual-mode i have not any more problems .. realy happy

03-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Hi,

Just a few thoughts based on my personal experience.

I haven't had any experience with that Tamron superzoom lens but a Sigma superzoom lens I once had for a couple of days to evaluate produced very similar looking photos. I would blame the lens and, maybe, a polarizer filter if it was attached. I had a Hoya HD CPL and it sometimes shift WB so heavily that I was not able to make it good even in RAW file processed in Aperture.

I suggest you to rent a DA* or DA/FA limited series lens to see the difference. After couple of years of using DA* and FA limited lenses I was not able to get used to DA 18-135WR - which is not a bad lens - because the rendering of DA* and FA limited is so much better.

Also, I quickly learned not to use P in favor of Av for most of my shots. Because of "ISO auto" and excellent high ISO capability of K-5 shutter speed is adequate for most subjects and lightning conditions. And for those rare cases where I need absolute control over shutter speed I use Tv, TAv or M.
03-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I set mine on Rockwell and get on with it.