Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Trying to set the fine adjustment for different lenses and failing

Right now I am working on 2 lenses on the K-5 IIs
Sigma 18-50 f2.8
Sigma 50-500

The sigma 18-50 is almost bang on the 50-500 front focuses a bit. I set the adjustment to "Apply One" but when I switch lenses whatever adjustment is still in effect. The manual says saves adjustment value for each lens type. Does this mean they are the same lens type therefore cannot have different adjustments?

02-28-2013, 02:33 AM   #2
bxf
Veteran Member

My Sigma 50mm f1.4 is seen as something else by the software- It's possible that both of your lnses are coming up with the same ID, and hence not being differentiated from each other.
02-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The camera 'reads' the lens signature from a microchip in the lens. Every modern Pentax lens has a unique signature, but Sigma it seems share a number of 'signatures' across their lens range, so two lenses, although optically different, will look identical to the camera.
02-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #4

Hi!
Try to RESET ALL settings, remove battery, wait 10 seconds or so, insert battery, and try again.

02-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
BPT
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
My Sigma 50mm f1.4 is seen as something else by the software- It's possible that both of your lnses are coming up with the same ID, and hence not being differentiated from each other.
These are older lenses (screw drive 6ish years old) so perhaps they were not worried about uniquely identifying them

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnX Quote
The camera 'reads' the lens signature from a microchip in the lens. Every modern Pentax lens has a unique signature, but Sigma it seems share a number of 'signatures' across their lens range, so two lenses, although optically different, will look identical to the camera.
Well that will be a bit inconvienient for me, at least the lens isnt badly front focusing but shifting that way

QuoteOriginally posted by zenn Quote
Hi!
Try to RESET ALL settings, remove battery, wait 10 seconds or so, insert battery, and try again.
Didnt help, but thanks for the suggestion