Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
In my opinion, if you are deleting anything over 25% of your shots, then...

1) ...you are a "spray & pray" shooter, and you desire it.
2) ...you need to seriously work on your photography skills. Newbies and the inexperienced are obviously excluded.
3) ...you are too much of a perfectionist or pixel peeper and don't appreciate composition enough.
4) ...you lack prioritization skills or have no artistic eye, because you are taking pictures of everything you see only to be disappointed that you took those shots.

03-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery
I used to keep all my bad shots, now with my hard drives filling up I started to erase the bad shots. The number of bad shots is decreasing though (in my opinion).
03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
2) ...you need to seriously work on your photography skills. Newbies and the inexperienced are obviously excluded. 3) ...you are too much of a perfectionist or pixel peeper and don't appreciate composition enough. 4) ...you lack prioritization skills or have no artistic eye, because you are taking pictures of everything you see only to be disappointed that you took those shots.
Well, these certainly apply to me. With digital, I find it easy to take too many shots. Using film, I was much more careful with what I take photos of
03-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Occasionally yes, usually it's because I like something about it and even though it's not a technically perfect, sell-worthy image it's still something that appeals to me and that I like to look at. I have a really crappy image of one of my old cats that's truly precious to me because I loved her very, very much and she's now long gone. I have like 2 photos of her from back then. If I could get a big enough image of it I'd hang it proudly on the wall though it's one of the worst pics I ever took and was taken by me using my folks old 110 cam I love that pic. For work it's got to be as best as it can be. But for my own use I'm not always that picky.