Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, it's true that synthetic materials make more sense. The leather is beautiful and durable but impractical in some ways too.

03-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #32

Original Poster
With these sling straps, does anyone find the metal rings for the original strap annoying or in the way or rubbing against the body?
03-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
They come off.
03-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #34

Original Poster
Also looking at optech if I go neck strap. Anyone know if the pro or uni connection is better?

03-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #35

I got one of these for <$10. Pretty happy with it.
http://www.rainbowimaging.biz/shop/product.php?id_product=182
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Just received the BosStrap. I doubled up on the 3/8" straps to the camera body. Very simple, comfortable, and just works. It's not flashy, but it seems to be strong and efficient. One thing I like about it is that it easily wraps around the lens and stows into my Lowepro holster without any problem at all. I am very interested in this but wow is it expensive- ROBERU x Anchor Bridge Camera Strap - KUDU
03-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I've got a Gordy's leather wrist strap fixed to the right lug.
Occasionaly use a BR R-Sport when hiking or carrying a heavier lens esp with a DA300.

03-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #38
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by CuriousEye Quote
I replaced the originary PENTAX strap and ordered the DOMKE strap.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000...&psc=1&s=photo

Looks much more decent and people are often more curious what camera brand hangs around your neck...

Greetings from Austria,
Sascha
Ditto. I like the rubbery little non-slip backing and it doesn't slip from my shoulder. But I very seldom carry a camera over my neck. On the tripod, I snap it off. Always hated the non-releasable Pentax models flapping around on the tripod in even a light breeze.
03-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have been using the Op/Tech sling strap I like the way you can unsnap the strap when using a tripod, but leave the strap around your neck/shoulder. Easy to reconnect when you take the camera off the tripod. Very inexpensive as well. I bought an arca swiss plate that has a strap slot on the side so I only use the left camera lug and then the left slot on the tripod plate. The camera hangs right side down along my right hip and doesn't bounce around like a neck strap.

OP/TECH USA Utility Strap - Sling
03-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Just got back from shooting ducks in a rainy puget sound. I found I could walk comfortably with the camera left in the lowepro holster out of the rain, but take it out and shoot quickly without worry because I had the BosStrap over the shoulder as well. Unobtrusive and very efficient. I like it can hang comfortably or sit in the holster without any problem. So much better than using the neck straps. The 3/8" connector straps are very strong tight weave coated ballistic material and since I doubled up on those, I guess I won't worry about a drop. Wish I would have picked this up sooner.
03-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #41

I either use a leather hand strap and stow the camera between shots in my sling bag, or a LensLoop. I like that I can run the LensLoop under my coat or backpack straps, and the wide webbing is surprisingly comfortable.
03-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #42
Forum Member

We use the Crumpler Industry Disgrace on all of our cameras, in a sling-style configuration (they're technically a neck strap but are long enough to use across the body and over one shoulder). Not as slick as a BlackRapid-type, but I like the peace of mind that comes with using both stock mounting points. It's quite comfortable for long days even with the combination of a K-5, battery grip, DA*50-135, and a flash attached.

I also like that they're only $30 or so. Great value, IMO.
03-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I have been using the Op/Tech sling strap I like the way you can unsnap the strap when using a tripod, but leave the strap around your neck/shoulder. Easy to reconnect when you take the camera off the tripod. Very inexpensive as well. I bought an arca swiss plate that has a strap slot on the side so I only use the left camera lug and then the left slot on the tripod plate. The camera hangs right side down along my right hip and doesn't bounce around like a neck strap.[/url]
I use the same thing. But mine comes with a "built-in" hand strap (see last photo). During event shooting, I use the hand trap most of the time, but always wear the sling strap just in case I need both of my paws free.

03-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
I use the same thing. But mine comes with a "built-in" hand strap (see last photo). During event shooting, I use the hand trap most of the time, but always wear the sling strap just in case I need both of my paws free.
Looks exactly like my setup except my 'hand strap' is on the left side. So I can get to the battery.