QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
... I really prefer cheap and dirty.
I see...

05-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
I see...
Ya, I know, it drives real testers crazy... but from my perspective, I just want to know what happens when I put the camera in my hand a walk out the door. If i could have done this or that to make the test better, I don't care, because I don't always want to do this or that to make my images better. Sometimes I want to know "who takes the best impromptu snapshot." It kind of blows me away that "real testers" rarely address this issue. They are all caught up in "a controlled environment." Well, I rarely shoot in a controlled environment.

Controlled environments bore me.

I mean, really? Where's the fun in that?

Last edited by normhead; 05-23-2015 at 08:11 AM.
05-23-2015, 08:43 AM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Couldn't agree more...it's one of the reasons I have little faith in "test results" not done in the field by real life shooters.

Otis tested the comfort of this limb for hours, said it was so boring...but someone had to do it!

Otis says Norm is a man with his kind of thinking! "Cheap and dirty!" ...but I don't think Otis had cameras in mind!

Regards!
05-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #109
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Some of us obsessive-compulsive types enjoy that. Well, until the pounding headaches set in and the voices start to take over.

Now excuse me. I have to get my lithium prescription refilled.