Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any WIFI solution for K5II??

Hi wondering is there is or maybe will be a wifi tethering solution for the K5II..would be nice to view and shoot using an Ipad...I have the PK tether software,but wonder if its possible to make a wifi one?nay hackers out there who may know?
Thanks Shanti

03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

They are working for PK tether on Android.

As for wifi solution with simpel photo sharing WiFi SD Cards: Eye-Fi Memory Cards: Wireless Photo and Video Uploads from your Camera to your Computer & the Web | Eye-Fi
03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yes! So many wifi sd
03-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Anvh Quote
They are working for PK tether on Android.

yes have the wired version of it,but must be a way to use the remote input and attach a wifi adapter to trigger & maybe view images

As for wifi solution with simpel photo sharing WiFi SD Cards: Eye-Fi Memory Cards: Wireless Photo and Video Uploads from your Camera to your Computer & the Web | Eye-Fi

had eyefi since it came out..way to slow for shooting raw

03-29-2013, 03:00 AM   #5
Veteran Member

But what do you want to do with RAW on a tablet???
03-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

But what do you want to do with RAW on a tablet???
Well, use 3G to send them back home automatically, or to view them on a bigger screen, or to apply rudimentary processing on them (there are raw processing SW for at least iPad's, and they're just about powerful enough to make it worth it) in the field, or .....

At least, that's how I use raw on my tablet.
03-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm with Shanti and actually already find the eyefi slow for RAW, i can not thinking using 3G and the phone bill...

As for editing the RAW, each their own but i will not even edit my photos on a laptop for various reasons so i won't start about tablets.
Most likely we both have different aplications for the photo, it's my work and the photos need to be good. Sure i can edit them on a laptop but there is no way of knowing how accurate the colours are for example. And if the photo gets printed several hunderd thousands of time with a wrong colour... ouch...

So yeah... i just use a laptop to see if the photo is good or not and thats it, so with eyefi i would send just the jpeg to tablet and not the RAW.
03-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Previously, when travelling I've taken my netbook with me to copy images to. Last week, I used my iPad with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit. Plug it into the iPad port and insert the SD car and the images are automatically downloaded from the camera.

One problem is, of course, the limited capacity of the iPad.

03-29-2013, 08:51 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I'm with Shanti and actually already find the eyefi slow for RAW,
Oh, it's taking its good time, but it gets there. Files are big, and there's a limit to how much power the poor SD card can drag from the camera.

When operating thus, I leave the 'pad turned on and connected to the EyeFi card in the bag, then go about shooting. Most often most of the photos have found their way to the 'pad when I want to look at them - in the breaks between shots.

QuoteQuote:
i can not thinking using 3G and the phone bill...
I guess I am lucky to have unlimited 3G for about US$ 20/month, or so, when in my country of residence

When roaming on travels, no way....I dump the photos to the 'pad, and let the hotel WiFi send them back to the mother ship at the end of the day.

QuoteQuote:

As for editing the RAW, each their own but i will not even edit my photos on a laptop for various reasons so i won't start about tablets.
Color management is always an issue except when in a controlled environment. For "quick edits", it's quite doable.

QuoteQuote:
Most likely we both have different aplications for the photo, it's my work and the photos need to be good. Sure i can edit them on a laptop but there is no way of knowing how accurate the colours are for example. And if the photo gets printed several hunderd thousands of time with a wrong colour... ouch...
I'm just a hobbyist, but for serious photo editing even I wouldn't do that on a laptop or a tablet. I can only imagine that pro's have even stricter standards.

QuoteQuote:
So yeah... i just use a laptop to see if the photo is good or not and thats it, so with eyefi i would send just the jpeg to tablet and not the RAW.
Fair enough. I don't bother taking RAW+JPEG, just RAW.