Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by primo Quote
So I shipped it to CRIS on Monday the 1st and they received it on Wednesday morning the 3rd. It's almost been a week and I'm growing antsy. Does anyone have and estimations on how long until I get her back? Should I give them a call?
If you had filled out their web form before you sent it in, you would have been able to see exactly what department it was in with tech comments and all.

QuoteQuote:
Received 3/15/2013
In Repair 3/18/2013
Quality Assurance 3/19/2013
Repair Completed 3/19/2013
Ship 3/19/2013
Shipped / Tracking # 1Z2WXXXXXXXXXXX

05-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #17

Original Poster
Just for the record: It sure felt like an eternity but my K5IIs is finally back I shipped her out on April 1st and got her back on May 21st . Pentax Ricoh Service Center @ CRIS replaced a defective Shutter Block. All good to go now!
05-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by primo Quote
Just for the record: It sure felt like an eternity but my K5IIs is finally back I shipped her out on April 1st and got her back on May 21st . Pentax Ricoh Service Center @ CRIS replaced a defective Shutter Block. All good to go now!
Glad to hear it. Sorry you had to go through all that but I'm glad its working for you now. Any trouble with the warranty covering it? How did you handle it?
05-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Any trouble with the warranty covering it? How did you handle it?
No troubles besides the wait. I was concerned at first because I am the 2nd owner that's holding a receipt with someone else's name on it. My worries were gone after I called CRIS. The rep I spoke to said, "It's not a problem because it is such a new camera, even if you don't have your receipt, just tell me where you bought it and we will take care of the rest." Their estimated repair time was 2-3 weeks. After the 4th week, a CRIS rep told me if it takes a lot longer there would be a chance of getting a brand new replacement. I did get mine back and I suppose I can't complain since it was fixed for free