Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Veteran Member

No FF Or Even...

a K-5IIs this year or next as my oldest needs braces(not from my side of the family)and she wants Invisilines. My cost after insurance is $6400! I think she'll have to settle for regular. Now that In think of it, no more guitars or Stereo stuff either. It's a good thing I have all the necessary lenses i need. Sigh.

04-13-2013, 07:07 PM - 5 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

Just fix those teeth in post. No one will know the difference!
04-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If only I could. The Wife is going to chip-in. We're holding off on the youngest's braces as she doesn't need them as she's still growing(may be able to get at least one FF).
04-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Dental insurance is a joke these days. Sorry to hear it, but glad to see you putting the kids first.

04-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
$6400 for braces?! I think $6400 is about the cost for breast implants here, pretty much max for any standard cosmetic surgeries here that aren't covered in the free medicare. I would have gotten my braces for free (regular ones though) when I was younger here in Sweden but I jumped it as it required them to pull out four teeth to make room for adjustment. I rather have all my teeth than "a few but pretty ones".

No way I would pay over $1500, perhaps even $1000, for any kind of cosmetic corrective dental surgeries. A smile doesn't have to be completely straight or white to be pretty.
04-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
$6400 for braces?! I think $6400 is about the cost for breast implants here, pretty much max for any standard cosmetic surgeries here that aren't covered in the free medicare. I would have gotten my braces for free (regular ones though) when I was younger here in Sweden but I jumped it as it required them to pull out four teeth to make room for adjustment. I rather have all my teeth than "a few but pretty ones".

No way I would pay over $1500, perhaps even $1000, for any kind of cosmetic corrective dental surgeries. A smile doesn't have to be completely straight or white to be pretty.
Lucky you, you're not stuck with the United States' healthcare "system". Our college system adds to the problems. Too many future doctors and dentists pile up $200,000 in education debt before becoming fully licensed to practice. I won't say more for risk of completely derailing the thread.
04-14-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
$5k plus or minus is the going rate down here. After the wife and two boys have had braces, I feel like I must have bought at least a couple of the wheels on their dentist's sports car!