Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2014, 03:43 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
So how is the sensor shift pano better or easier than a standard multi shot pano stitched with a good program.
You don't need a panoramic head for example. In a shot like that without a panoramic head (and they are not cheap) you are lost (it is impossible to stitch). And it is easier to get an idea of what you're going to get exactly. If all you want is a slightly wider shot then this is a nice way to get it. Especially if Pentax would implement some faster bracketing way of doing it.

I do have a panoramic head, but in the shot above I just preferred doing it this way.

11-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
posting an example to this old thread. I may create a new thread with some examples.

Here are two images at 11mm on the K5. The first, shot normally (no adjustment), and the second with the sensor shift feature applied (re-composed to match the composition).
The effect is remarkable really, great for eliminating or reducing perspective distortion.
Great example and explanation. The examples I'd seen previously in review articles showed only a nearly imperceptible effect, so I never pursued it further. Thanks for sharing.
12-04-2014, 10:40 AM - 2 Likes   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here is another example using the composition adjust/sensor shift feature (K5 & Sigma 10-20).
I used a free GIF maker, so hopefully you are able to view the animation...

My camera was ~1ft from the ground and aiming upward, so complete correction of the converging verticals could not be achieved. Nevertheless, you should be able to see an improvement using the sensor shift to raise the sensor +24 and then reduce the camera tilt to match the original composition. I used the center of the image as my stationary target.
There has been NO software correction of the perspective, this is an in-camera adjustment.