Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-5 electronic viewfinder ?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

My friends.
Is it possible to tell me if is possible to include any electronic viewfinder on Pentax K-5 ?
Thank you.

05-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

No, unless you want to count those stupid things that attach to the back of the lcd, or video out tv screens

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
No, unless you want to count those stupid things that attach to the back of the lcd, or video out tv screens
No my friend. I really don't like to use the lcd. I simply ask because with a electronic viewfinder it's more easy to photograph. We can exactly see if is to much light or not exactly how is seen on lcd and the only lens i have is Tamron 18-200 - 3.5/6.3 and i really need a new 1 good enough without so much aberration and a week sharpness.
05-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

An accessory such as this one will replicate the LCD output inside a dedicated viewfinder, but IMO it's not a true EVF. And look at how clumsy it is!

Zacuto Z-Finder EVF Pro (3.2") Z-FIND-EVFP B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PedroCosta Quote
the only lens i have is Tamron 18-200 - 3.5/6.3 and i really need a new 1 good enough without so much aberration and a week sharpness.
I have that lens. An alternative way to solve this problem may be to get something like DxO Optics Pro software. It has a lens module for the Tamron 18-200 that can correct a lot of the problems you have outlined with that lens.

Otherwise things like the Lilliput field monitors may be useful to you. They aren't electronic viewfinders per se, but they will certainly make it easier for you to see what you are shooting...
05-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
Banned

Photos: Gallery
You can also use a field monitor with the hdmi port.
05-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
An accessory such as this one will replicate the LCD output inside a dedicated viewfinder, but IMO it's not a true EVF. And look at how clumsy it is!

Zacuto Z-Finder EVF Pro (3.2") Z-FIND-EVFP B&H Photo Video
And look what you'll have to put up with it if you do buy it. The stares...the laughs.....the finger pointing from passerby's.........Oh....the Humanity.

05-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #8
Forum Member

Adam, I hope you are not talking about the LCD loupes (something like this). This is one of the best things I've bought for my Pentax K7! It's perfect for focusing manual lenses (e.g. the excellent Takumar 50mm f/1.4), but rather useless for anything else . Yes, this rear-mounted monstrosity falls off very easily, looks stupid and makes the camera much more difficult to handle but... it just WORKS.