Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I took one for the team and it is working!!

Referring to my earlier post I got my K5-IIs even though I figured that, as is normal for me, as soon as I get it the price will drop and the FF version will come out. Well today, I looked on the B&H website and sure enough the K5-IIs price is dropped $100 for the month of may. Can the much rumored FF version be that far away?

Being a good team player I guess that I should humbly accept all accolades that are due to me for this selfless gesture.

BTW. Camera is working great. For your viewing pleasure. The now abandoned five arch railroad bridge just south of Avon, NY. Built in 1857 and used for a little over 100 years. Now a roadside park. I used the Pentax DA 12 -24mm lens that I purchased with the camera. The usual great service from B&H.

NOTE: I just found out that I had the year in my camera set to 2012. Oooops!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
05-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
K5 and DA12-24. Awesome combination!
05-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for taking one for the team! It's the luck of the draw - I've been pandering back and forth for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a IIs last week. The trick now is not to look at the prices but just enjoy the awesome camera!

Speaking about the opposite - I am kind of kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger on the DA 10-24 when it was $729 for a day last week........
05-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Thanks for taking one for the team! It's the luck of the draw - I've been pandering back and forth for a while and finally pulled the trigger on a IIs last week. The trick now is not to look at the prices but just enjoy the awesome camera!

Speaking about the opposite - I am kind of kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger on the DA 10-24 when it was $729 for a day last week........
The 12-24mm is a *required* lens in Pentax land.
It is probably my most favorite lens.

I saw that price and I was tempted to get another, but decided against it.
Without a doubt an awesome lens!

05-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
The 12-24mm is a *required* lens in Pentax land.
It is probably my most favorite lens.

I saw that price and I was tempted to get another, but decided against it.
Without a doubt an awesome lens!
I know....I've been around and around about this lens for over a year now. I think it was you Lauren who showed us a great comparison between the DA 10-17 and DA 12-24 as far as field of view etc. It's just that in my justification process, I would have to sell my DA 10-17 to afford the 12-24 - just can't seem to part with my 10-17.......

gaweidert's nice photo in his post brings the lens to the top of my list once again......
05-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I know....I've been around and around about this lens for over a year now. I think it was you Lauren who showed us a great comparison between the DA 10-17 and DA 12-24 as far as field of view etc. It's just that in my justification process, I would have to sell my DA 10-17 to afford the 12-24 - just can't seem to part with my 10-17.......

gaweidert's nice photo in his post brings the lens to the top of my list once again......
Don't part with either!
I use BOTH all the time!
They are *very* complimentary and different at the same time!
05-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Don't part with either!
I use BOTH all the time!
They are *very* complimentary and different at the same time!
Yep - I know. I did sell off my 10-17 some time back and ended up buying another copy - this one is staying put!
05-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Here are the two

DA12-24 - Crichton Castle

DA10-17 - Some of my toy bicycles

05-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member

This is the comparison I was talking about - can't believe I found it!

Last edited by BigMackCam; 04-17-2016 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Removed link to parked URL
05-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
Site Supporter

This is the comparison I was talking about - can't believe I found it!
Hmmm. That's not me.
05-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
Site Supporter

That's a great comparison.
For some reason, to my eye they are very different lenses.
Hmmm.
05-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #12
Veteran Member

That's a great comparison.
For some reason, to my eye they are very different lenses.
Hmmm.
I've been working with my 10-17 quite a bit lately. Because of my lust for that 12-24, and somewhat of a want for a 15 Limited, I've been trying to see how I can do with the 10-17 since I don't have the funds to buy either lens right now. I've learned some very interesting things about it. I don't want to take this thread any more off track - I am going to compile some shots and start a thread in the next week or so to start a discussion - I'll PM you when I do it as I certainly would like your input.