Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2013, 05:47 AM   #1

Is the pentax K5 still supported?

Hello everyone.
I was planning on getting the pentax k5, I really like it's design and I wanted to chose it over the k5 II, however, I've heard that it was discontinued by PENTAX, so I was wondering, if I get a pentax k5, will there be any new accessories or new lenses in the future? or are k5 II accessories compatible with the k5? Just wondering if they will still support the k5 in their customer care and all if anything happens to it.
Thanks for reading

I found the deal from here:
(Pentax K-5 Camera w/18-55mm Lens, Bundle w/Pentax SMCP-DA 50-200mm f/4-5.6 Lens 14762 B)

05-22-2013, 06:26 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-5 uses the same exact body as the K-5 II, so the same accessories will work with both cameras. This includes the BG-4 battery grip, flashes, etc.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-5 uses the same exact body as the K-5 II, so the same accessories will work with both cameras. This includes the BG-4 battery grip, flashes, etc.
Thank you for the reply Adam, this has been in my head for a while so I'm glad I finally know the answer.
05-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Add to what Adam said - Pentax-Ricoh has gone on the record saying that they plan to continue to provide Firmware updates to discontinued cameras as often as twice a year. They really do appear committed to long-term support for their cameras. No worries.

05-22-2013, 08:01 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Add to what Adam said - Pentax-Ricoh has gone on the record saying that they plan to continue to provide Firmware updates to discontinued cameras as often as twice a year. They really do appear committed to long-term support for their cameras. No worries.
Didn't hear about that, WTG Ricoh.