Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think he knows all you guys, since he claims Pentaxians are geeky
This guy is calling someone geeky? That's funny.

05-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
This guy is calling someone geeky? That's funny.
It takes one to know one.
05-24-2013, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Darn. I WAS that kid in the video with my nose in a book wishing I was popular. No wonder I own Pentax.
05-24-2013, 09:12 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Why are you so upset about that? You're acting like they took your camera and painted it pink. What they do with their own cameras is their own business. No harm done to anyone else.

Back on topic, I'd say this review is doubly surprising, considering that the K-5 IIs is a warmed-over version of a 2 -year-old camera, while the Nikon is brand new. It's amazing that Pentax did so much right in 2010 that only a few tiny tweaks keep their cameras competitive in 2013.
At least I'm not praising these people. I am acting this way because property destruction is wrong - period. They seem to think its a hoot to destroy expensive equipment. The harm is in the act and the notoriety for the act. Thanks for your thoughts.

05-24-2013, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I am acting this way because property destruction is wrong - period. They seem to think its a hoot to destroy expensive equipment. The harm is in the act and the notoriety for the act.
I feel the same as you sometimes, but it's pointless to worry or get upset about what other people do with their own stuff. They think it's funny, and a lot of other people do, too. It's show business, and silly antics like that get attention, so it's worth it for them to mess up a $6,000 camera. Don't worry, Leica is happy to make more of them.

I can see why this would offend you, though. Judging by your watch collection, I'm sure you're a man that takes very good care of his stuff.
05-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #36
Site Supporter

"The Hard On Rap" video speaks for itself ... "race to the bottom", as fast as you can ...
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I thought those two guys were hilarious
05-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Well I guess they did a kind of okay review. Funny. But Pentax is the one marketed as the "outdoors" camera, with WR and everything. I'm just not sure about the "sharpness" and "noise" tests in that video.

05-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Well I guess they did a kind of okay review. Funny. But Pentax is the one marketed as the "outdoors" camera, with WR and everything. I'm just not sure about the "sharpness" and "noise" tests in that video.
Especially if noise was judged from shots taken in that dark room. The D7100 used flash!
05-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveB Quote
Especially if noise was judged from shots taken in that dark room. The D7100 used flash!
Not flash, a very bright AF Assist light.
05-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Not flash, a very bright AF Assist light.
They did use flash at the KTV for the D7100.

The noise test was shown on static objects, not at the KTV. The issue is that for the ISO 6400 image, the k-5IIs image is darker - and they said it shows more noise in the black areas. A darker shot almost always shows more noise (less signal), so it's a little misleading.
05-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #42
Veteran Member

A quick review it was, and also quick judging, but even with the quick judging it matches up with all other tests (or findings) from reputable sources, just in a different sort of way.
05-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
Which is nice and all but still, consider the source and wait for it to be painted.
I'd actually like them to do that. Why? Because the reason they are burning and painting Canons and Nikons is because everything useful has been done with them long ago, and they always do more with them. So yeah, eventually they will do these things with cameras, if they have been reviewed, compared, etc etc and so on and so forth, indicating that they are mainstream cameras. So if they paint a K-5, it will only be after at least 2 or 3 reviews, which must mean Pentax is more mainstream.
05-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #44
Pentaxian

At least I'm not praising these people. I am acting this way because property destruction is wrong - period. They seem to think its a hoot to destroy expensive equipment. The harm is in the act and the notoriety for the act. Thanks for your thoughts.
This is from the poster that has Elwood Blues from the Blues Brothers as his avatar.

Think it was around 104 cars they destroyed in that film?
05-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
I'd actually like them to do that. Why? Because the reason they are burning and painting Canons and Nikons is because everything useful has been done with them long ago, and they always do more with them. So yeah, eventually they will do these things with cameras, if they have been reviewed, compared, etc etc and so on and so forth, indicating that they are mainstream cameras. So if they paint a K-5, it will only be after at least 2 or 3 reviews, which must mean Pentax is more mainstream.
Logic. Tortured, but still logic.