Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

DigitalRev TV finally review Pentax!

I was always a little angry about DRTV because they ignored or just made fun out of Pentax.
But this review looks really good and unbiased!

05-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
I was always a little angry about DRTV because they ignored or just made fun out of Pentax.

Nikon D7100 vs Pentax K-5 II S - YouTube
Well, they had to because of the Nikon D7100 which is on the similar tier..
05-24-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
Forum Member

I thought that it was fairly unbiased too. He even recommends the K5 IIs at the end! that really surprised me.
05-24-2013, 02:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aren't those the plonkers that painted a brand new Leica Pink? If so, who cares what they think?

I was right, Googled it.
http://www.digitalrev.com/article/how-to-paint-a-leica/MzkwMDgzNg_A_A

Like I said, who cares what such ....people think!

05-24-2013, 02:53 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Like I said, who cares what such ....people think!
More potential Pentaxians
05-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
More potential Pentaxians
Which is nice and all but still, consider the source and wait for it to be painted.
05-24-2013, 03:01 AM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Which is nice and all but still, consider the source and wait for it to be painted.
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. But give it a month and that video will reach AT LEAST half a million views. Many of them will have never even heard of Pentax before this. It's free marketing from a VERY popular (albeit to the chagrin of some) source.

And they won't paint it - they only do that when the manufacturer doesn't offer that as an option. There's no shock and awe to do it to a Pentax

-Heie

05-24-2013, 03:15 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. But give it a month and that video will reach AT LEAST half a million views. Many of them will have never even heard of Pentax before this. It's free marketing from a VERY popular (albeit to the chagrin of some) source.

And they won't paint it - they only do that when the manufacturer doesn't offer that as an option. There's no shock and awe to do it to a Pentax

-Heie
I agree with you Heie. This vid will give the IIs some exposure and cache, even if i have reviewers I favour more. This guy obviously has an audience for his individual style. Any good publicity is welcomed.

I just wish the 'geek' character had dragged out a FA or DA prime and really showed off the pentax strong suit. (but we can't show up Nikon, can we? )

Last edited by wizofoz; 05-24-2013 at 03:58 AM.
05-24-2013, 03:16 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Aren't those the plonkers that painted a brand new Leica Pink? If so, who cares what they think? ...
I remember seeing when they painted a D7000 pink ... idiots ...
05-24-2013, 04:07 AM   #10
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
I remember seeing when they painted a D7000 pink ... idiots ...
In that case they are very clever idiots, who know their target market particularly well.

We are not it, even though i really enjoy some of their productions, and just how off-the-wall they are at times.

They run the classic straight man-funny man gags, with a camera twist.

This is TV aimed at an Asia audience, which I suspect is not our demographic
05-24-2013, 04:09 AM   #11
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Thanks for sharing the link - I enjoyed that one

Lok is the technical guy (who mainly used the Pentax) - when he says it is faster or better, he will be right, as he has a very good technical grasp of performance. He usually lives behind a Canon 5DII or III.

I got the feeling from the link that the K5IIs actually surprised them a little bit, with how good it was. When they don't like something they are not slow in telling everyone. So, the K5IIs praise was good
05-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #12

Photos: Gallery
That so?
05-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
In that case they are very clever idiots, who know their target market particularly well.

... I suspect is not our demographic
Yes, if it works for bettering their sales and visibility on the net, then they are clever ... and it's definitely not my demographics, it's the second video from them that I have ever watched. First one was the pink Nikon and that pretty much turned me off ... guess I'm getting too old J
05-24-2013, 04:15 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

I watched several of their reviews of 4/3'ds cameras when I was researching for my purchase. Their reviews were so incredibly biased that it became a joke - if they liked it I looked elsewhere (almost). Then I found the Leica M9, brand new BTW, torn down and painted by them. Idiots. If that makes the masses happy great, guess its more revenue for them. But that also means they should not be taken seriously by those who do more than P&S IMHO. Your mileage may vary.
05-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #15

Nice review! I wonder why they did not see the difference in build quality.
I am allways amazed when i touch a Nikon D7000 how light it feels.
Even a k-01 feels better.

Noise performance was interesting because in the picture made with the nikon there was´nt much detail in the dark parts. It is easy to cut shadow detail and get rid of the noise.

But the resolution of the 24mp chip shows potential, i have to admit.