Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I am surprised that no one here has mentioned the very good Pentax O-ICK1 Image Sensor Cleaning Kit...
I have it, and yes, it works quite well ... J

05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #17

Or just take it to a good camera store.
05-31-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which is a copy of these....

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Just dust. Get a rocket blower and one of these:

Amazon.com: Promaster Systempro CCD/Cmos Sensor CLeaner: Camera & Photo
LENSPEN is The superior Camera lens cleaning system for all fine optics, rifle scopes, camcorder and camera viewer screens, binoculars

All the Lenspen stuff is fabulous. Used their products for years. In fact, I used to use their Lenspen on my sensor on the *istD, way back in about 2005 or so...then I found out that's what Canon, Canada was doing when you sent your camera in for the $120.00 cleaning service.

Used my Sensorpen on two cameras now, never had any issues. And used my Lenspen on ever lens I've ever owned, and never had an issue.

lens pen| B&H Photo Video

Cheers,
Cameron
05-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cambo Quote
LENSPEN is The superior Camera lens cleaning system for all fine optics, rifle scopes, camcorder and camera viewer screens, binoculars

All the Lenspen stuff is fabulous. Used their products for years. In fact, I used to use their Lenspen on my sensor on the *istD, way back in about 2005 or so...then I found out that's what Canon, Canada was doing when you sent your camera in for the $120.00 cleaning service.

Used my Sensorpen on two cameras now, never had any issues. And used my Lenspen on ever lens I've ever owned, and never had an issue.

lens pen| B&H Photo Video

Cheers,
Cameron
Yeah, I've used that -- works good, but usually leaves some of its own residue behind behind so I always finish up with the sticky thing. The best "in-the-field" combo where a wet cleaning is probably out of the question is the a blower, the SensorKlear (lenspen), and the sticky thing...