Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #1

Continuous Shooting

I'm new to this forum and have just purchased a new K5ii. I'm trying to set up Continuous Shooting as per the manual. I get to the Drive Mode Single Frame Shooting when I scroll right or left I do not get the hi lo icon. Am I in the right spot?

06-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to K5 forum for more exposure (pun intended).
06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nickster42m Quote
I'm new to this forum and have just purchased a new K5ii. I'm trying to set up Continuous Shooting as per the manual. I get to the Drive Mode Single Frame Shooting when I scroll right or left I do not get the hi lo icon. Am I in the right spot?
When you hover over the continuous icon, you'll be able to select low or hi by pressing the down button.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
When you hover over the continuous icon, you'll be able to select low or hi by pressing the down button.
I turn on my camera and scroll up. Camera says Drive Mode Single frame Shooting three icons a square within a square. a clock for self timer and a remote control icon. I cannot find a hi/lo. Am I at the right place? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm new to this camera

06-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It sounds like you are in Auto (Green) Mode. Continuous will not be enabled in Auto. Switch the camera to Av or Tv (or really anything other than Auto) and try again.
06-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
It sounds like you are in Auto (Green) Mode. Continuous will not be enabled in Auto. Switch the camera to Av or Tv (or really anything other than Auto) and try again.
Thank you. You are right
06-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Nickster42m Quote
Thank you. You are right
P mode will work too. Just not the green mode- it's very restrictive.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I set up a Fast Shot User Mode at the advice of others.

It starts in TAV Mode, but with changes: Shake reduction off, lens correction off, any other correction off except auto white balance. I think I have the preset shutter speed 1/750sec and f8. In the sun those numbers both change to f13ish and 1/1500 or so - there's plenty of light. You'll get full burst speed with this setup and the camera will be much quicker. I seem to get about 6 fps with this mode.