Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K5 recording sound without video?

I missed it in the K5 manual, on the K5, and in the K5 camera menu; my eyes are not what they use to be.
I wanted to record some bird calls, but couldn't find the button in the menu. Luckly, I had my old 6 MP Pentax M10 in my pocket; moved the control dial and did the recording without a photo or video. I believed my K5 can do everything, except bread, but I Imight have to revise that thought. Maybe you can help!

How can I record sounds and make verbal notes with my K5?, .

06-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I do not think that is at all possible. Honestly the audio quality is not that great and think for bird sounds you would want something better.
06-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 22codfish Quote
I missed it in the K5 manual, on the K5, and in the K5 camera menu; my eyes are not what they use to be.
I wanted to record some bird calls, but couldn't find the button in the menu. Luckly, I had my old 6 MP Pentax M10 in my pocket; moved the control dial and did the recording without a photo or video. I believed my K5 can do everything, except bread, but I Imight have to revise that thought. Maybe you can help!

How can I record sounds and make verbal notes with my K5?, .

Nope, unfortunately you can't do this.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Attaching something like an external zoom audio recorder would probably get a better result if you want to couple the camera with real sound recording capabilities. It would also give the option to separate them when in place. One thing with external recorders is that you can get one with manual gain setting and direct playback to headphones so you can fine-tune the audio level to pic up just the right amount of sounds.

06-10-2013, 08:03 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter

Of course you can record sound without video! Just leave the lens cap on!