Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
What's a Decent Price for a K-5 II?

Well, I've caught a case of "Upgraderitis" and want to buy a K-5 II to replace the K-5 I bought in January via this sale: Pentax K-5 for $689 @ BuyDig. What's a good, fair price for a brand new K-5 II body only? And, should I go for the IIs while I'm at it? Fortunately, I don't have to first sell my K-5 to finance the K-5 II. But, I do intend to sell the K-5 as soon as I can in order to recoup a lot of the cost of the K-5 II.

I know the question is always asked - what kind/type of photography do you do? For my own pleasure I do art photography - landscape, nature/animals, street/candid photography, etc. But, I get lots of requests to do portraits, events (I won't do weddings), and non-profit/corporate shoots.

What should I expect to spend? Thank in advance.

06-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NiftyFifty Quote
Well, I've caught a case of "Upgraderitis" and want to buy a K-5 II to replace the K-5 I bought in January via this sale: Pentax K-5 for $689 @ BuyDig. What's a good, fair price for a brand new K-5 II body only? And, should I go for the IIs while I'm at it? Fortunately, I don't have to first sell my K-5 to finance the K-5 II. But, I do intend to sell the K-5 as soon as I can in order to recoup a lot of the cost of the K-5 II.

I know the question is always asked - what kind/type of photography do you do? For my own pleasure I do art photography - landscape, nature/animals, street/candid photography, etc. But, I get lots of requests to do portraits, events (I won't do weddings), and non-profit/corporate shoots.

What should I expect to spend? Thank in advance.
The current MAP price on the K-5 II (after rebate) is $996. You can find it on amazon for $799 w/ warranty, so I'd say go for that:
Amazon.com: Pentax K-5 II 16.3 MP DSLR Body Only (Black): Camera & Photo

The IIs is currently $959 on amazon and has a MAP price of $1096 after rebate. Pentax is probably going to be releasing a new high-end camera soon, though, and it might be worth the wait IMO. There isn't much of a practical difference between the K-5 II and the K-5.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The current MAP price on the K-5 II (after rebate) is $996. You can find it on amazon for $799 w/ warranty, so I'd say go for that:
Amazon.com: Pentax K-5 II 16.3 MP DSLR Body Only (Black): Camera & Photo

The IIs is currently $959 on amazon and has a MAP price of $1096 after rebate. Pentax is probably going to be releasing a new high-end camera soon, though, and it might be worth the wait IMO. There isn't much of a practical difference between the K-5 II and the K-5.
Thanks, Adam.