Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens or sensor issue

Hi
I've been using the Pentax SLR for a while K100->200->K5. When I travel for work around the world I take the Tamron 18-250 with me as all-in-one lens. Lately I've noticed an issue in the out of focus areas that most of the time has to do with s damaged lens. The thing is that I noticed that also with a Tamron 90mm macro I have especially on water drops where a bright sun light is shinning. Has anyone noticed such effect? Can it be a sensor cleaning issue or both of my lens needs cleaning (attached a cropped area from a picture)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
06-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

And if you expose on highlight, does it make the same ?
06-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That's just purple fringing.

We would all use super zooms all the time, if it weren't for the aberrations!

It should be easy to avoid as it happens along the edges of brightly lit subjects. The solution is to stop down the lens (ie smaller aperture.) which is no problem at all in bright light. This is why people tend to talk about super zooms as being good walk around daytime lenses, just f/8 and forget!

The shirt in the picture you showed was overexposed. If exposed correctly, the fringing would be a lot less.
06-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Lens and sensor issue... Better designed lens are so that they diminish purple fringe effect and digital sensors are really sensitive to this kind of phenomenom.

Here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_fringing
Purple Fringing - Chromatic Aberrations

Itīs fearly easy to remove in post processing though