Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Strange battery drain on K5II

Hi have the K5II, 2 original Pentax batteries 5 moths old,original grip....suddenly today the camera was totally dead(w 2 batteries in ), was fine yesterday and plenty of power left, so recharged and when it starts up again it shows full,then switch to live view and 20% left(yellow bars) have tried without grip,with AA batteries in grip etc... anyone have any idea what can cause this? camera has never been wet. Its not just a faulty meter readout. have maybe charged both batteries 5-6 times as they last forever or a week at least.Have tried to reset cam but no diff??
any help appreciated
Thanks

06-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
cheek contacts on battery, can be dirty or broken
06-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe try some different setting for your power. I have mine set to grip first, then camera. Once in a while, I will see the battery indicator show 1/3 charge all of a sudden, then the next time I look it shows full again. I was thinking that it was the point of switching from the grip to the camera. I never had it happen as extreme as you describe however.

If you have yours set to auto, try setting it to grip first or vice versa to see if it makes a difference.