Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #1

K-5 just arrived!

With the deals on K-5s, I couldn't pass it up especially since it was time for an upgrade. I've had the k-r for close to 2 years and was starting to limit me. So now I am happy to say I am a K-5 owner..

The K-r will revert to backup and the K10d will be exclusively for work or possibly sold to finance a new lens . I look forward to learning this DSLR and hope to improve my photographs in the process!

07-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats! I went from a k-x to a k-5 and while the k-x (or k-r) is a good camera, the k-5 is so much better!
I think even the viewfinder is big improvement - I find it much easier to focus manual lenses. Enjoy!
07-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kiwi_jono Quote
Congrats! I went from a k-x to a k-5 and while the k-x (or k-r) is a good camera, the k-5 is so much better!
I think even the viewfinder is big improvement - I find it much easier to focus manual lenses. Enjoy!
Welcome, however late, to the K5 club.
07-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Never a bad time to grab an excellent camera!

07-16-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter

YAY! Go jaywes! That's awesome. I love my K-5.

I plan to get a second camera body when possible. I have shown my camera off to several people who were like 'what kind of off brand camera is THAT!?' only to have them going 'wow, that's got a very nice feel to it...'

Great choice my friend...
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Congrats on the new body, I too made the upgrade to a K-5 from a K-x, however the K-x still has its place in my camera bag, especially as a back up body. The K-5 wont make better pictures......only YOU can make better pictures, however the K-5 just makes life a whole lot easier and convenient with all the extra features it has over the K-r, the things I enjoy most on this K-5 are the weather sealing, top LCD, and battery grip option(if you have big hands then the grip is a must, it just feels perfect in my hands)
I have utilized the weather sealing and am very impressed at how ell it holds up around wet environments. This Camera feels very solid with its magnesium body compared to the K-x. You can spend way more $$$ on a K-5II/IIs but if you can get your hands on a regular K-5 they are a great bargain, because many folks that have to have the "next best thing/gadget" are unloading them at a very high rate, heck it wont be long now until they are unloading the K-5II/IIs bodies once they announce and come out with the new model, I am just going to sit back and wait and maybe snatch one up for pennies on the dollar when that happens, but in reality I am very happy with the performance of my K-5, and my K-X for that matter.
07-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Was excited to finally be able to get a K-5. Who knows. If things pick up, then I may jump to a k-5 iis as a main in the near future. I have been testing it out and everything seems to be on par with what I expected. Photos are crisp and focus is dead on.

Makes sense, right!? @BirdDude007

The rest of the week/weekend I will be playing around with it. I have to do some architectural shooting next week for a client of my 9-5 that has just wrapped construction. I would love to use the k-5 rather than the k-r. We shall see.
07-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaywes Quote
Thanks everyone. Was excited to finally be able to get a K-5. Who knows. If things pick up, then I may jump to a k-5 iis as a main in the near future.
Congrats on the K5. I do have to say that the combo of shooting with the K and the IIs is very, very nice!!

07-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Thanks everyone. Was excited to finally be able to get a K-5. Who knows. If things pick up, then I may jump to a k-5 iis as a main in the near future. I have been testing it out and everything seems to be on par with what I expected. Photos are crisp and focus is dead on.

Makes sense, right!? @BirdDude007

The rest of the week/weekend I will be playing around with it. I have to do some architectural shooting next week for a client of my 9-5 that has just wrapped construction. I would love to use the k-5 rather than the k-r. We shall see.
Like I said....it wont be long before the K-5IIs will be found for dirt cheap once the new successor is named and released, it happens every time. I just may hang back and snatch one up as well.
07-17-2013, 06:19 PM   #10

congrats on the K-5 Jaywes
envy
07-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #11

Awesome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
07-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
Site Supporter

I went from an *ist D to a K5...

With the deals on K-5s, I couldn't pass it up especially since it was time for an upgrade. I've had the k-r for close to 2 years and was starting to limit me. So now I am happy to say I am a K-5 owner..

The K-r will revert to backup and the K10d will be exclusively for work or possibly sold to finance a new lens . I look forward to learning this DSLR and hope to improve my photographs in the process!
and I'm still in shock and AWE. INCREDIBLE camera. Get some good glass when you have some dough.

Cheers,
Cameron
07-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #13
Forum Member

Hi Jeywes!

Congrats on your new K 5!!!

I do hope to get one in the near future, too. Or maybe a K 5 II.............
07-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #14

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I know I'm late to the k-5 game but I'm glad I made it!

It really is an amazing camera already from the little shooting I've done already. I will be putting it through some real shots this week with a new project I have in NYC. Going to be documenting a completed construction-architectural project. Though I wish I had a 15 ltd instead of my tamron 10-24, I will make due. This will really test the K-5 out..