Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sent my friend to the hospital today

My K-5 has been having mirror jams with gradually increasing frequency and I knew at some point she would have to go in for service. Went to a wedding this past weekend and missed the bride and groom walking down the aisle after the ceremony because, yep you guessed it, jammed on the first shot and they were past before I got it unjammed.

Enough is enough so off she went to CRIS. I miss her already but hopefully she will be back soon all cleaned adjusted and non-jamming.

We are off to Yellowstone this September and to be honest I was hoping Pentax would release a new camera and I could get that and then send the k-5 in for service but that is looking less and less likely so I need to get the k-5 all fixed up before we go.

07-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My wife and I will be in Yellowstone in September as well. When you be there?
07-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Second week, 9th through 15th
07-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Darn, we're there the previous week. I couldn't find a decent room for the second week of the month.

07-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
I couldn't find a decent room for the second week of the month.
I have an excellent travel planner My wife does meeting planning as part of her regular job and it is amazing all the tricks she knows. But after all was set my father decided he wants to go along as well so now we are looking for another room. He's 82 so we need him to be close to us.