Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-5 IIs forgets it's in AF Select mode

I recently started using my K-5 IIs in AF Select mode. I've noticed that sometimes when I turn my camera on with the AF switch on SEL, and I press the D pad to select an AF point, it opens one of the settings assigned to the direction I press as if it is set to Auto AF or center point AF.

In order to select an AF point I have to switch the AF toggle away from SEL and then back again. It is extremely frustrating to have to fiddle around with my camera when I am in the moment ready to shoot.

Does anybody else have this problem?

08-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try pressing the OK button first? I think that toggles the screen from SEL to MENU mode.
08-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Try pressing the OK button first? I think that toggles the screen from SEL to MENU mode.
As I sit here trying to replicate the problem with no success, the OK button does nothing when in AF Select mode. I will have to try that the next time it happens. Even if that solved the problem, my camera should function consistently no matter what is set.
08-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
As I sit here trying to replicate the problem with no success, the OK button does nothing when in AF Select mode. I will have to try that the next time it happens. Even if that solved the problem, my camera should function consistently no matter what is set.
Just realized that holding down the OK button will let me switch from AF Select to function select. But I still don't know why the camera decides on it's own which mode it is in.

08-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes long press I should have said that.
08-10-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You can also assign a "beep" to let you know when it is toggled