Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Mirror Flopping - How Much To Repair

Hello fellow Pentaxians. I need to ask this for those who've experienced the mirror flopping syndrome with their shutter firing w/o actually taking a pic and have sent their cameras in for repair. Mine has been occurring for the past few months and I've been dealing with it since, but now it's become a burden while shooting sessions and I need to straighten it out. My question is how much did you have to fork over to Pentax or Ricoh to have it fixed and how long did it usually take to get your camera back? I'm thinking it might be better to buy another K-5 or even the K-5 II if it'll be more cost-efficient to get a new one.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

08-14-2013, 05:27 AM   #2

I cannot comment on the cost since my repair was under warranty, but it took about 3 weeks, including the shipping. It has been fine since then. If it were to break again, well the "S" version would be on my list instead of another repair.

Wayne
08-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by toooldtocare Quote
I cannot comment on the cost since my repair was under warranty, but it took about 3 weeks, including the shipping. It has been fine since then. If it were to break again, well the "S" version would be on my list instead of another repair.

Wayne
Thanks for the response, Wayne. You were lucky your's was still under warranty when it acted up. Mine's over 2 years old. Now if mine also was 3 weeks out of my hands.
08-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine's under the extended warranty, but I have to find my receipt first... so I have another year to find it.
The K-01 is getting a lot of use since my K-5 has the flop - and now also seems to have lost its SR / dust cleaning.