08-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentex K-5 IIs vs Nikon D7100

This might have been posted before, but for those who haven't seen it:

08-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Oh, the guys that think painting a camera Pink and ruining it is the height of innovation and cutting edge "journalism" - <YAWN>.
08-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #3

Photos: Albums
I think theyre pretty funny at times, and they do give a good review of the k5iis
08-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I enjoyed those guys.... seemed like an honest review, thy noted that the 24 MP 7100 is sharper in pixel peeking, they made fun of Nikon menus, seriously, Nikon users have handed me their cameras to help them find menu items they wanted, as if I would know where to look (cause like I have a DSLR around my neck so I must understand Nikon menus.) I couldn't believe that light that turns on so the 7100 can focus in low light. So um, what happens if you're a landscape photographer and your subject focus point is 100 meters away, I guess you're poop out of luck. I would from time to time like more selectable AF points... so they got that right....

But Docrwm can't take them seriously so it was probably not worth looking at, you won't like it.

08-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I enjoyed those guys.... seemed like an honest review, thy noted that the 24 MP 7100 is sharper in pixel peeking, they made fun of Nikon menus, seriously, Nikon users have handed me their cameras to help them find menu items they wanted, as if I would know where to look (cause like I have a DSLR around my neck so I must understand Nikon menus.) I couldn't believe that light that turns on so the 7100 can focus in low light. So um, what happens if you're a landscape photographer and your subject focus point is 100 meters away, I guess you're poop out of luck. I would from time to time like more selectable AF points... so they got that right....

But Docrwm can't take them seriously so it was probably not worth looking at, you won't like it.
You know, with all the information available out there I find people who destroy camera equipment for amusement to be objectionable and do not support their other activities either. Everyone is free to do as they like, but for me those folks have negative credibility.
08-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Serious or not, over 160k people from now on will know that Pentax makes really good cameras! It is the best Pentax "commercial" ever.

Also, in the last few videos Kai uses Pentax strap on canon body
08-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
You know, with all the information available out there I find people who destroy camera equipment for amusement to be objectionable and do not support their other activities either. Everyone is free to do as they like, but for me those folks have negative credibility.
How many times are you going to say that? There are people selling sugar to obese children, drug companies pushing drugs that are less than 5% effective and cause side effecs in more people than they help, the famous "people starving in Africa" my parents inspired me to send my table scraps to... and this is your cause? really?
08-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
I like these guys. I thought the video they did about "save pentax" was especially funny.

08-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
How many times are you going to say that? There are people selling sugar to obese children, drug companies pushing drugs that are less than 5% effective and cause side effecs in more people than they help, the famous "people starving in Africa" my parents inspired me to send my table scraps to... and this is your cause? really?
As often as I like. Clear enough?

On this forum, you know cameras and sometimes even Pentax, talking about the subjects you list would be boorish. But, pointing out that these clowns are arrogant without reason and just plain media hounds IS germain.
08-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
As often as I like. Clear enough?

On this forum, you know cameras and sometimes even Pentax, talking about the subjects you list would be boorish. But, pointing out that these clowns are arrogant without reason and just plain media hounds IS germain.

Was it the colour paint used that was the problem?

I'm not sure what yer saying, could you be a little more direct...
08-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
He's allowed to dislike them for his own reasons. He's also allowed to mock them.

I like DRTV for comedy and entertainment, not for information. Sometimes they come across well. Sometimes they come across obnoxiously. Personally, I much prefer TheCameraStore over DRTV.

You hear that, Jordan? Hurry up and get Chris to make more videos.
08-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
Pentaxian

That's a very positive review of the Pentax. Not sure if Ricoh marketing was behind it or not, but either way it's a big win.
08-21-2013, 01:10 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Serious or not, over 160k people from now on will know that Pentax makes really good cameras! It is the best Pentax "commercial" ever.
I think this is best!
But they are both good.
08-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Barry Pearson Quote
I think this is best!.
It is good but I wish the guy to use it with that dust on the body/lenses, to turn the zoom and focus, blow some wind, again put some dust, and so on.. In that way I think is not a problem for non WR kit lense to face that dust, I remember once on a dust storm on the beach using my k100d and 18-55 kit, was no problem, no sand in it. But of course I can't put a non WR lense under the shower.